Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: stdscr Post 302339025 by wvuguy on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 02:02:18 PM
Old 07-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
Can you post the code to show what's going on...also what compiler are you using.
We are using compiler xlc_r version 7 on AIX with Oracle 11g precomplier for pro*c. Code is over 2500 lines and the error does not pin point where the it is comming from.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello

Hello, when i compile with xlc on aix i got the error message "ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello" dummy.pc: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include "dummy.h" int main ( ) { printf("\nbefore Hello"); hello(); printf("\npast Hello"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockdan
2 Replies

2. Programming

Undefined symbol: .getcury in getyx

Iam attempting a script to return the current cursor position using the getyc macro I have #included the curses.h however on compilation (with gcc) it errors with Undefined symbol .getcury Undefined symbol .gercurx Any ideas where I can find a solution or what I've missed (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
7 Replies

3. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

4. AIX

Getting error "Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6"

Hi, I am using xlC compiler. The compilation goes fine but at the time of linking it gives the following error ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6 ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nachiketv
0 Replies

5. Programming

undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error

Hi, i've compiled my app on x86_64 with -m32 gcc option. Can anybody tell me what is/would typically cause the 'undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error?? -1 k){0N!x y} '/home/da71336/simon/mkvfh/mkv.so: undefined symbol: clock_gettime @ "q" "subr:mkv 2:`subr,3; subc:mkv 2:`subc,1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpa078
4 Replies

6. AIX

Undefined symbol: .log

Hi All, When I am compiling expect 5.40 library in AIX 5.3, I am getting the following error while generating expect5.40.so file. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .log ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra_maddal
0 Replies

7. Programming

Error: Undefined Symbol ..... First referenced in file......

Hi, I am working with Solaris 5.9 and I am newbie in Socket programming and I stated working with socket programming and I copyed a simple client & server program from a website which I am attaching with this and when I am compiling these files.I am getting the error-- Please Help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

8. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

9. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies
g-ir-compiler(1)					      General Commands Manual						  g-ir-compiler(1)

NAME
g-ir-compiler - typelib compiler. SYNOPSIS
g-ir-compiler [OPTION...] GIRFILE DESCRIPTION
g-ir-compiler converts one or more GIR files into one or more typelib. It can either emit the raw typelib blob (default behavior) or C code (--code). The output will be written to standard output unless the --output is specified. OPTIONS
---help Show help options ---code Emit C code which is suitable for including in a shared library instead of a raw typelib. ---output=FILENAME Save the resulting output in FILENAME. ---verbose Show verbose messages ---debug Show debug messages ---no-init Do not include an initialization snippet to register the typelib in the respository. This can only be used if --code is also speci- fied. ---includedir=DIRECTORY Adds a directory which will be used to find includes inside the GIR format. ---module=MODULE FIXME ---shared-library=FILENAME Specifies the shared library where the symbols in the typelib can be found. The name of the library should not contain the leading lib prefix nor the ending shared library suffix. BUGS Report bugs at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ in the glib product and introspection component. HOMEPAGE and CONTACT http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection AUTHORS
Mattias Clasen g-ir-compiler(1)