Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Needed with 1 liner AWK statement Post 302338966 by jroberson on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 01:15:39 PM
Old 07-29-2009
Thanks for your help. This did not work. I got the following error:

OS Inte a buffer overflow exists in the extended stored procedure xp_pty_select.

---------- Post updated at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:04 AM ----------

Does anyone else have suggestions??? Please.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

input a 100 200 300 b 400 10 output a 100 a 200 a 300 b 400 b 10 Thanx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one liner needed

Hi I have a file say (a.txt) which has following a.txt ---- $$var1=Tom $$var2=Kim I need a one liner which searches the file(a.txt) for $$var1 and returns the value in it(Tom). Thanks in advance Ammu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk one liner

I need a one liner to" find /pattern/ print from x lines before "pattern" to y lines after "pattern" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 2 awks statement into 1 liner

Using these 2 comands to concatenate both outputs into single file: cat testdata | awk 'BEGIN { FS="\n"; RS=""; } /<pattern1>/ {print}' > testdata1 cat testdata| awk '/<pattern2>/,EOF' >> testdata1 is it possible to combine both "awk" into 1-liner? pls advise and thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarification needed for a SED one liner

I want to use SED to replace all new line characters of a file, I googled and found this one liner sed '{:q;N;s/\n//g;t q}' infile what do :q;N; and t q mean in this script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need an awk one liner

example input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)