Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sql loader for inserting the data from multiple fields from unix Post 302338908 by rdhanek on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 08:33:25 AM
Old 07-29-2009
sql loader for inserting the data from multiple fields from unix

Hi ,
I have my log file something like this

Code:
(07/29/2009 00:02:24.467) 367518 (07/29/2009 00:02:26.214) 949384011
(07/29/2009 00:02:26.236) 367524 (07/29/2009 00:02:28.207) 949395117
(07/29/2009 00:02:28.240) 337710 (07/29/2009 00:02:30.621) 949400864

I am trying to insert the data into oracle data base as follows.
Code:
column1 : (07/29/2009 00:02:24.467)
column2 : 367518
column3 : (07/29/2009 00:02:26.214) 
column4 : 949384011

Can anyone help me with the control file format?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus error(coredump) while running SQL*Loader in HP Unix 11

Hi All, I am getting coredump error, when I try to execute Oracle SQL*Loader from Shell script in Unix environment. But SQL*Loader from local machine runs fine with same database. SQL*Loader: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Mon Apr 23 05:23:47 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas_paluku
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to handle sql loader errors in unix

hi all, how to handle sql loader errors in unix shell ?? thanks in advance gemini (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemini106
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL*Loader in shellscript

Hi, what is the ideal format of the file to load it into oracle table by using SQL*LOADER. The file contains six columns and the oracle table contains 15 columns. Is there any criteria that columns should be equal in no.? Can anyone help me on this, i need to use this in my shell script? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL*Loader

HI Experts, We have a ksh file named ldr_empdelta.ksh and it is having the SQL*LOADER script as follows. print "LOAD DATA" > $WEDB_GEN/ldrscan.ctl print "INFILE '"$LED_SCAN"/delta/led_del.dat'" >> $WEDB_GEN/ldrparms.ctl print "TRUNCATE" >> $WEDB_GEN/ldrscan.ctl print "PRESERVE BLANKS" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

use of sql loader in the script

All, Below is the code written when sql loader loads the data: $ORACLE_EXEC_PATH/sqlldr userid=$user_passwd control=$CNTR_FILES/invoice.ctl log=$LOG_FILES/$INVOICE_FILE.log bad=$ER ROR_FILES/$INVOICE_FILE.bad data=$DATA_FILES/$INVOICE_FILE silent=FEEDBACK direct=false errors=50000 rc=$?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Write a shell script for SQL loader to load data into a staging table

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I'm working on a database, and need to load data in a database table (which I already created) using shell script. The table has two columns - Acct_number (not nullable) and date (timestamp). I'm not able to write a shell script for that. Can any one help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisudeep
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Call SQL LOADER FROM UNIX

HI Experts, I am pretty new to scripting and i need to create a perl or shell script which should fetch a file from local directory and insert the data into a table using sql loader. This will be later added to chron job to run daily and fetch all files and load them into the table. Also i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam1234
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Call SQL LOADER FROM UNIX

HI Experts, I am pretty new to scripting and i need to create a perl or shell script which should fetch a file from local directory and insert the data into a table using sql loader. This will be later added to chron job to run daily and fetch all files and load them into the table. Also i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam1234
1 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)