Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append the output data horizontally Post 302338887 by panyam on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 07:47:39 AM
Old 07-29-2009
Can You Please share what you have tried.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append data to file

i want to develop a script newdata that writes new data to a file called items the file items has the following headings columns separated by tabs: channel date time programe if i type executable file newdata on the command line with parameters, it should append it to the items files the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fletcher
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the data to first column

Hi, The below is the content of the file. 008.03.50.21|ID4|0015a3f01cf3 008.04.20.16|ID3|0015a3f02337 008.04.20.17|ID4_1xVoice|00131180d80e 008.04.20.03|ID3_1xVoice|0015a3694125 008.04.30.05|ID3_1xVoice|0015a3f038af 008.06.30.17|ID3_1xVoice|00159660d454... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data to each line

Hi guys, I need to investigate a memory leak on a solaris server, so what I have done is pmap'd each process on the system with a script which tar'd the directory every hour in cron. Now I need to write a script to process the pmap data. So what I have is about 100 directories # ll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to append the data in one file to the another

Hi , i have two log files, i need to combine this as a one log file. i need to do this by SED , test1.log sadadadaadfsaf test2.log adadadadadada i need this in a single file from test 1 to test2.log test2.log(expected result) adadadadadada (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhdmehraj
7 Replies

5. Programming

Append data to smallint data in informix4gl?

Hi, I have an smallint variable, say "a", i would like to prefix it with "0" in certain conditions. Is it possible to achieve that with this datatype? For instance, a=9 --> a=09 Many thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dvah
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append data 1 table to other

Hi. I have 2 create 2 temporary tables.the data will be same with same cols..but after creating 2 tables..i have to merge data in file and send..however the query is after merging data no duplicates shud be present..and only 1 record for a entity must be present.. for eg: table1 has foll cols... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: musu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

md5sum output append

Hi there, I have 2 fairly simple lines I am running and both work as expected, but I am trying to append the two of them to output a single line. The first command get the MAC times of each file :- find /media/Vista/Garmin/PCBSMP2/ -type f -printf "%A+ (a) %p\n%T+ (m) %p\n%C+ (c) %p\n" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kogorman
9 Replies

8. Programming

Opening FD and append Data

Hello everybody I'am trying to open a File with an Filedeskriptor. After Opening the file I want to append Data to the File! I have the following code now, but I only overwrite the data from the file and did not append it! void Buffer::writeIntoFile(std::string name, int length, std::string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk543450
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging data horizontally with newlines in files

Hi Everyone, I have two files file1 and file2 with these contents cat file1 AAAAA 01/03/2014 04:01:23 BBBB 01/03/2014 03:03:34 CCCcc 01/03/2014 03:03:34 cat file2 1 RED 1 HHHH 1 TTTT 1 BBBBB I tried the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python script to run multiple command and append data in output csv file

Experts, I am writing a script and able to write only small piece of code and not able to collect logic to complete this task. In input file have to look for name like like this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) before sh iss neors. Record this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) in csv file Now have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD