Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep matched records from huge file Post 302338854 by mjkreddy on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 05:44:49 AM
Old 07-29-2009
Hi Frank,

Can u please extend this query for any no of records in the .dat file which is having 0's from 11th to 20th position in a record(lenght unkown)and having 1 in between.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting multiple records from a huge file at one time

I have a very big file of 5gb size and there are about 50 million records in there. I have to delete the records based on recrord number that I know fromoutside with out opening the file. The record numbers are very random like 5000678, 7890005 etc. Can somebody let me know how i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep all records in a file and get a word count -perl

Hi, I have a file .. file.txt .. i need to get a total record count in the files into a $variable.. im using perl script thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing out records from one huge record

Hi, I have one huge record and know that each record in the file is 550 bytes long. How do I parse out individual records from the single huge record. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwrynz1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Performance issue with 'grep' command for huge file size

I have 2 files; one file (say, details.txt) contains the details of employees and another file (say, emp.txt) has some selected employee names. I am extracting employee details from details.txt by using emp.txt and the corresponding code is: while read line do emp_name=`echo $line` grep -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arb_1984
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep records out of file

Hi, I have a file where there "Tab" seperated values are present.I need to identify duplicate entries based on column 1 & 6 only . For e.g : I tried using uniq ..but the output is only having one duplicate entry, instead of both the entries.I need both the above entries . uniq -f5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the faster way to grep from huge file?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. My requirement is like to optimize the time taken to grep the file with 40000 lines. There are two files FILEA(40000 lines) FILEB(40000 lines). The requirement is like this, both the file will be in the format below... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Matched Records from XML

Hi All, I have a requirement to extract para in XML file on the basis of another list file having specific parameters. I will extract these para from XML and import in one scheduler tool. file2 <FOLDER DATACENTER="ControlMserver" VERSION="800" PLATFORM="UNIX" FOLDER_NAME="SH_AP_INT_B01"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch matched records from files between two different directory?

awk 'NR==FNR{arr;next} $0 in arr' /tmp/Data_mismatch.sh /prd/HK/ACCTCARD_20160115.txt edit by bakunin: seems that one CODE-tag got lost somewhere. i corrected that, but please check your posts more carefully. Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
5 Replies
PX_GET_RECORD2(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PX_GET_RECORD2(3)

NAME
PX_get_record2 -- Returns record in Paradox file SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> int PX_get_record2(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, int recno, char *data, int *deleted, pxdatablockinfo_t *pxdbinfo) DESCRIPTION
This function is similar to PX_get_record(3) but takes two extra parameters. If *deleted is set to 1 the function will consider any record in the database, even those which are deleted. If *pxdbinfo is not NULL, the function will return some information about the data block where the record has been read from. You will have to allocate memory for pxdbinfo before calling PX_get_record2. On return *deleted will be set to 1 if the requested record is deleted or 0 if it is not deleted. The struct pxdatablockinfo_t has the fol- lowing fields: blockpos (long) File positon where the block starts. The first six bytes of the block contain the header, followed by the record data. recordpos (long) File position where the requested record starts. size (int) Size of the data block without the six bytes for the header. recno (int) Record number within the data block. The first record in the block has number 0. numrecords (int) The number of records in this block. number (int) The number of the data block. This function may return records with invalid data, because records are not explizitly marked as deleted, but rather the size of a valid data block is modified. A data block is a fixed size area in the file which holds a certain number of records. If for some reason a data block has newer been completely filled with records, the algorithmn anticipates deleted records in this data block, which are not there. This often happens with the last data block in a file, which is likely to not being fully filled with records. If you accessing several records, do it in ascending order, because this is the most efficient way. Note: This function is deprecated. Use PX_retrieve_record(3) instead RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success and -1 on failure. SEE ALSO
PX_get_field(3), PX_get_record(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_GET_RECORD2(3)