Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding correct directories
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding correct directories Post 302338805 by vjasai on Wednesday 29th of July 2009 02:46:17 AM
Old 07-29-2009
finding correct directories

I have directories like V00R01,V00R02,V01R01,V01R02 in a directory
where V is version and R is a release. basically I need to set base directory and current directory. Under a version there can be any number of releases and there can be number of versions also.
V00R01...V00R50..so on
also,
V00R01...V00R50.. V01R01..V01R50 ...

Case 1: V00R30 and V00R31, V00R32.. in this case.. i have to set base to V00R31 and current to V00R32. (latest directory as current and previous one as base)

Case 2: There can be more versions .. like V00R30, V00R31, V00R32 and
V01R01, V01R02,V01R03.. then in this case.. i need to set base to V00R32 and Current directory to V01R03. (here also latest of V01 to current and latest of V00 to base)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding directories in UNIX

I am accessing a UNIX server via FTP. I want to retieve a file in a directory. What is the UNIX command that I need to view and retrieve files from a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodaddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar-ing the correct directories

Hi all, my directory structure is as follows /a/b/c. I would like to tar the /a directory including the subdirectories b and c. i intend to use the command tar -cvfz a.tgz a/ My question is where do i execute the command? do i execute it at the '/' prompt or at '/a' prompt ? My concern at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding largest files (not directories)?

hello all. i would like to be able to find the names of all files on a remote machine using ssh. i only want the names of files, not directories so far i'm stuck at "du -a | sort -n" also, is it possible to write them to a file on my machine? i know how to write it to a file on that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user19190989
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with finding correct log files

Lets say i have files like the following format :- R0001.log R0002.log ... ... R00011.log upto R000n.log, there are also a lot of text files with different names now how can i find these files with in a range, i can do "ls R000*.log" and it will show me all the R000*.log files but what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oopsalion
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding size of all directories

Alright so I've tried a couple different things that at first glance, looked like they worked. find . -maxdepth 5 -type d -daystart -mtime 1 | xargs du -h Which seems to ignore the previous commands such as depth and modified time. find .. -maxdepth 2 -type d -daystart -ctime 1 | xargs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

Finding the correct LUN

I am using hp ux 11.31 Our SAN storage is being presented from an IBM XIV. We have 3 HP servers (rx4640's), and the XIV has them setup in a cluster, so that when a disk is presented all 3 servers can see the new LUN. I'm setting up a new VM on one of the HP servers. I have allocated a 34Gb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xtoverus1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding multiply directories

I have multiply directories scattered throughout my system that end in 2011. Example: one_2011 two_2011 three_2011 etc.... I'm trying to find all of these directories but coming up short. I tried find / -type d -name *2011 > example Any suggestions? I already searched in the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for finding correct delimiter

I've a series of words in the format "abc0001d" till "abc1999d". I would like to use delimiter to cut the word from abc0001s to two words: abc00 and 01d. Help me in finding the correct delimiter to cut in desired way. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: surdileep
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories with expression

Hi All, I need your help in finding pattern of directories. need to search for all pattern have "mypatern" from base directory folder. example ------- server1 - base directory 100 server1/ab_123456_1/mypattern 100 server1/ab_123456_2/mypattern 200 server1/ab_123457_1/mypattern... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
13 Replies
tkvars(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands							 tkvars(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tkvars - Variables used or set by Tk _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The following Tcl variables are either set or used by Tk at various times in its execution: tk_library This variable holds the file name for a directory containing a library of Tcl scripts related to Tk. These scripts include an initialization file that is normally processed whenever a Tk application starts up, plus other files containing proce- dures that implement default behaviors for widgets. The initial value of tcl_library is set when Tk is added to an inter- preter; this is done by searching several different directories until one is found that contains an appropriate Tk startup script. If the TK_LIBRARY environment variable exists, then the directory it names is checked first. If TK_LIBRARY is not set or does not refer to an appropriate directory, then Tk checks several other directories based on a compiled-in default location, the location of the Tcl library directory, the location of the binary containing the application, and the current working directory. The variable can be modified by an application to switch to a different library. tk_patchLevel Contains a decimal integer giving the current patch level for Tk. The patch level is incremented for each new release or patch, and it uniquely identifies an official version of Tk. tk::Priv This variable is an array containing several pieces of information that are private to Tk. The elements of tk::Priv are used by Tk library procedures and default bindings. They should not be accessed by any code outside Tk. tk_strictMotif This variable is set to zero by default. If an application sets it to one, then Tk attempts to adhere as closely as possi- ble to Motif look-and-feel standards. For example, active elements such as buttons and scrollbar sliders will not change color when the pointer passes over them. tk_textRedraw tk_textRelayout These variables are set by text widgets when they have debugging turned on. The values written to these variables can be used to test or debug text widget operations. These variables are mostly used by Tk's test suite. tk_version Tk sets this variable in the interpreter for each application. The variable holds the current version number of the Tk library in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. KEYWORDS
variables, version, text Tk 4.1 tkvars(n)