Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Gentoo on ppc with GXT6500P Gfx? Post 302338709 by microbot on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 05:15:31 PM
Old 07-28-2009
In boot stage install Gentoo normal stage 1 and 2 , do not compile drivers use standard OpenGl driver for integrated graphics card , you will have a resolution as 800*600

here you have

Code:
ftp://f
tp.crux.it/cruxppc/test/crux-ppc64-2.5rc4.iso
ftp://f
tp.crux.it/cruxppc/test/crux-ppc64-2.5rc4.iso.md5

CRUX PPC 2.5 rc4 (64bit)

But I think in new linux kernel you have support for that card otherwise you can install driver from emarge

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rogue PPC RPm

Hello, i need to Rogue RPm for PPC, anybody knows where i can get it? Thanks. i am new to Unix, thats why ia m postin here. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ro'Taygahn
3 Replies

2. Linux

Redhat Linux 8 gfx card prob

hi guys, i have just installed Redhat Linux 8 on my home computer and it doesn't have the valid driver for my Radeon 9800 xt have looked about for it and can't find the driver. My computer works fine in a way, i can use it, but it would just be nice to have it set up fully correct so i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SemperFi
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Which GFX driver version am I'm using under Ubuntu 7.04?

I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 with a Gnome desktop. Following some instructions on the ATI site I think I just managed to install 8.36.5 of the drivers for my Radeon 9500, I'm getting a "Proprietary Drivers in use" warning icon at the top right of the screen, which I activated with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Fedora 12 on PPC

I'm trying to install a linux system on a IBM PowerPC 275 system. I noticed that fedora 12 supports PowerPC. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to pay the fee for an enterprise licence for red hat or suse. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Issues after moving gfx card

Hello, I have a Sun V880 and a raptor gfx -8p today i installed a lsi card and had to use the pci slot that the gfx was using as it needed a 5v rail, after doing so i did a reconfigure boot with boot -r and now i no longer have a functioning display Im probably missing something simple,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xccxcc
3 Replies
EX(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     EX(4)

NAME
ex -- Ethernet device driver for the Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+ SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ex Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_ex_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ex driver provides support for Ethernet adapters based on the Intel i82595 chip. On the ISA bus, the card will be searched for in the I/O address range 0x200 - 0x3a0. The IRQ will be read from the EEPROM on the card. For correct operation Plug-N-Play support should be disabled. On the PC Card bus, the card will be automatically recognized and configured. HARDWARE
The ex driver supports the following Ethernet adapters: o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 ISA o Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ ISA o Olicom OC2220 Ethernet PC Card o Olicom OC2232 Ethernet/Modem PC Card o Silicom Ethernet LAN PC Card o Silicom EtherSerial LAN PC Card DIAGNOSTICS
ex%d: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10, address %6D, connector %s The device probe found an installed card, and was able to correctly install the device driver. ex%d: WARNING: board's EEPROM is configured for IRQ %d, using %d The device probe detected that the board is configured for a different interrupt than the one specified in the kernel configuration file. ex%d: invalid IRQ. The device probe detected an invalid IRQ setting. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The ex device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
The ex device driver was written by Javier Martin Rueda. The PC Card attachment was written by Mitsuru ISAWAKI and Warner Losh. This manual page was written by David E. O'Brien. BUGS
Currently the driver does not support multicast. The Silicom EtherSerial card's serial port does not currently work. The Olicom OC2232 PC Card should work with the ex driver, but is cur- rently completely broken. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD