Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk space missing under SVM
Operating Systems Solaris Disk space missing under SVM Post 302338548 by rram_k on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 08:36:01 AM
Old 07-28-2009
Hi

I saw ur configuration. Seems to be a 0+1 RAID. The submirror are reflecting 12GB each and the mirror d6 is also correct with 12 GB.

The only issue i think is how do u create the file system on this mirror disk. There are some options which while creating the filesystem may show abnormal diskspace.

I have seen this type of issues whicle creating vxfs file systems..

Just check your process of creating the filesystem on this mirror..

Regards
Ramkumar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk drive space gone missing...

Sorry if this is totally the wrong place to post this but I have a question or something rather thats bugging me. I got a new Dell Inspiron laptop the other day and I was expecting it to have 80G on it, well atleast 70 or so after installation of OS and such but after looking carefully yesterday, I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ecclesiastes
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk replacement with svm

I dont even know what raid level this is, but its raid 5 mirrored from the looks of it. I have a failed disk (t12) within this mirror. What is the best way to replace this disk? 2 things concern me, isn't there a command to prepare the disk for a hot swap? and what should i do with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk Replacement SVM

Hello, Can someone advise the proper procedure for replacing a mirrored disk in SVM. I have checked the docs and various websites but the procedure seems to vary. This is what I would do... 1. Remove the db replicas from the bad disk. 2. Detach it from the mirror 3. Clear it with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Removing Disk from SVM

Hi All, I have to remove the disk from SVM. Kindly guide me or suggest me some link where in I can steps to remove SVM from Solaris 10 .Also I have one metaset which require deletion. Thanks in anticipation! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Check free space in SVM

how can we check the free space in SVM for a LUN .. I 've a 300G LUN and created several soft partitions on it but now i want to know how much i can grow .. i.e how much space is left on this 300G LUN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Root Disk mirroring in SVM

Dear All, Please help me to configure root mirroring using SVM in Solaris 9. Thanks and Regards, Lakkireddy BR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Root disk mirroring in SVM

I tried doing rootdisk mirroring in my local host , i added a new Ide disk in my system and copied the prtvtoc from root disk to the newly added disk, and then when i tried to add database replicas on both the disks, it was added for boot disk but for the newly added disk i gave the error, which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Reclaiming space SVM

Hi I have a solaris 10 server, that we no longer will be used, and the system has it storage on the NetApp. Most of the file systems that I have already umounthave the following entry on /etc/vfstab: df -h /ora* Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d400... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Replacing a Disk in a ODS/SVM Mirror

Hi All BAsed on the below I would like to verifu two things (1) The udnerlying mirroris for '/mnt' na dit onlcy contaisne 1 sub-mirror, with one sliceon is one disk and hence, data loss on the mount point (the mount point, '/mnt' is backed up) (2) the Procedure for renewal # df -kh /mnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Replacing a failed disk using SVM

Hi Please can you help me on replacing or removing a faulty disk drive on a SUN NETRA X4250server with 4 internal drives only. the format comand show me the following: format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <drive type unknown> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
9 Replies
SVMOCAS(1)						      General Commands Manual							SVMOCAS(1)

NAME
svmocas - train a binary linear SVM classifier SYNOPSIS
svmocas [options] example_file model_file DESCRIPTION
svmocas is a program that trains a binary linear SVM classifier using the Optimized Cutting Plane Algorithm for Support Vector Machines (OCAS) and produces a model file. example_file is a file with training examples in SVM^light format, and model_file is the file in which to store the learned linear rule f(x)=w'*x+w0. model_file contains d lines, where d is the number of data dimensions. The first n lines are coordinates of w and the last line is w0. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. General options: -h Show summary of options. -v (0|1) Set the verbosity level (default: 1) Learning options: -c float Regularization constant C. (default: 1) -C constants_file If specified, each example has a different regularization constant, taken from the text file constants_file. Each line of the text file must contain a single constant (positive double) for the corresponding example. If -C is used, then the -c option is ignored. -b (0|1) Value of the L2-bias feature. A value of 0 implies not having bias. (default: 0) -n integer Use only the first integer examples for training. By default, integer equals the number of examples in example_file. Optimization options: -m (0|1) Solver to be used: 0 ... standard cutting plane (equivalent to BMRM, SVM^perf) 1 ... OCAS (default) -s integer Cache size for cutting planes. (default: 2000) -p integer Number of threads. (default: 1) Stopping conditions: -a float Absolute tolerance TolAbs: halt if QP-QD <= TolAbs. (default: 0) -r float Relative tolerance TolAbs: halt if QP-QD <= abs(QP)*TolRel. (default: 0.01) -q float Desired objective value QPValue: halt is QP <= QPValue. (default: 0) -t float Halts if the solver time (loading time is not counted) exceeds the time given in seconds. (default: infinity) EXAMPLES
Train the binary SVM classifier from riply_trn.light, with the regularization constant C=10, bias switched on, verbosity switched off, and save model to svmocas.model: svmocas -c 10 -b 1 -v 0 riply_trn.light svmocas.model Compute the testing error of the classifier stored in svmocas.model with linclass(1) using testing examples from riply_tst.light and save the predicted labels to riply_tst.pred: linclass -e -o riply_tst.pred riply_tst.light svmocas.model SEE ALSO
msvmocas(1), linclass(1). AUTHORS
svmocas was written by Vojtech Franc <xfrancv@cmp.felk.cvut.cz> and Soeren Sonnenburg <Soeren.Sonnenburg@tu-berlin.de>. This manual page was written by Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 16, 2010 SVMOCAS(1)