Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Which zones will be up on reboot ? Post 302338371 by shriyer on Monday 27th of July 2009 05:27:44 PM
Old 07-27-2009
Which zones will be up on reboot ?

Hey there, I m writing a system managament tool, which for Solaris-land, will have functionality to check currently up zones, compare with those up at the "last good system reference point ", and also find out which zones will be up on a system reboot.

dumpadm list -v gives me the current setting.
The lastn good system reference point " " setting is nothing but the previous setting, which I can find out.
What about the next boot setting ?
Which Config files are to be checked to know which zones are configured to be up / running on reboot ??
The zonecfg manpage is extremely verbose , and I the concept of zones is new to me.

EDIT :

Ok... so if I do a zonecfg -z "zonename" info | grep autoboot | cut -d ":" -f2 and get it as "true"
.... Does it mean, that the zone will be up, on reboot ?

Or should something else be checked for too ?

Last edited by shriyer; 07-27-2009 at 07:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Zones

Hi, I want to wheather there is any command by using that we can reboot all the zones , Example : I have 10 zones, I can reboot all 10 zones by using one command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris containers/zones reboot order

Hi, I'm running containers/zones on Solaris 10: SunOS be2900 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 zoneadm list -vc gives: ID NAME STATUS PATH 0 global running / 1 bvsmapp01 running /zones/bvsmapp01 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
3 Replies

4. Solaris

zones

what are the files related to dns zones database file management ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Zones

Hi guys Im using VMware and ive installed solaris 10 in that..ive configured virtual disks in that n im using it..my question is if im gona configure zones in it do i need a seperate NIC card..my virtual interface name is pcn0 and if i create zones can i give pcn0:1 n allocate a seperate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, I need the process of how to add a cpu to a non-global zone or how to add a resource to non-globalzone. Thanks & Regards Padmaja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, How to create a loopback filesystem in a running non golbalzone? and how to share a diskgroup in veritas ? Thanks & Regards Padmaja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: padmaja
1 Replies

8. Solaris

zones

how can we know zone is migrate and which files going to update (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Zones not booting after server reboot

Hello guys This is my first post. I have very little experience and I woud appreciate your input on this problem. I have a server running Solaris 10. In that server I have 2 zones that work perfectly fine, however, if I reboot the server, the zones don't boot and I have to do it manually. i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
12 Replies

10. Solaris

Lot of services in non-global zones, in uninitialized after reboot

Hello, This is Solaris-10 server, running with 4 non-global zones. This server was hung today and I had to reboot it forcefully from console. Then root file-system was not clean and I had to run fsck from failsafe mode. After it came back in run-level-3, lot of services are showing in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)