Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quick Favour needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Quick Favour needed Post 302338225 by Scott on Monday 27th of July 2009 10:06:32 AM
Old 07-27-2009
Um, sorry if this is a silly question, but why don't you just email what you posted here to that person?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need quick help???...please

hey guys i'm new in this world " unix " i wanna any websites can help me to learn unix or any websites i can download UNIX from it thanks :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_Hafez
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

IP Address changes - Quick Help Needed.

We are running Solaris 9 and I have changed the IP address, Subnet Mask & Broadcast Address using ifconfig and have also changed the default gateway. How do I save these changes as I have bounced the box and it reverted back to the old IP Address settings. I am really new to UNIX and we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingerd2003
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick one

Hallo friends, I have a log file called xxx.log which is generated everymorning. I want to change this file to xxx_.log Please assist, i am using ksh on AIX. Ta, Pax (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help needed in the Shell Script

Hiii, i have a doubt here-- I have to take backup of all the files inside directory dir(logs,tmp,corefiles) at the location $BackupLocation.i should take the backup of logs,tmp,corefiles inside the $BackupLocation directory and then remove the files and touch the files inside the directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Guidance needed for quick script

Hi all, I am trying to get the exception count daily from a log file which is more than 1 GB in size. I am using loops which get the count of the exception and transaction. But i need to take this exception count for a time frame from 5.00 am to 5:00 pm. I Think I can use to exact the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Quick help!

Hi, iam trying to use lofiadm in solaris 5.10 but getting the following error.. bash-3.00# lofiadm -a /asmdisks/_file_disk1 lofiadm: /dev/lofictl: No such file or directory i dont see lofictl file in /dev .. i checked in other similar machines..i found this file..can i export this file from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rags_s11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notepad help needed easy quick question

TAKE A LOOK AT THE ATTACHED PICTURE. my goal is just to SELECT n DELETE Those lines : Dialogue: Marked=0,0:02:39.49,0:02:40.49,Default,NTP,0000,00 00,0000,!Effect, (without the text) take a look at that picture... the marked line... i just need ALL of these lines removed.. i managed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_spidey
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help on 'awk' needed...!!

bash-2.05$ A=`cat /etc/group |awk -F':' '{if ($1$3$4 ==... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. Any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. A versioned Pre-Dependency on dpkg is needed to use dpkg-maintscript-helper(1). An appropriate Pre-Dependency is set in ${misc:Pre-Depends} ; you should make sure to put that token into an appropriate place in your debian/control file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)