Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ive got a problem with menu sub commands Post 302338000 by durden_tyler on Sunday 26th of July 2009 10:12:05 PM
Old 07-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmccull
7) ./ CCcam_restart.sh;;
esac

i on my 7) choice, the script will restart Application CCcam but if it finished with success being the it restarted correctly , it should echo " Cccam restart successfully " to screen.
You may want to add something like this to choice 7:

Code:
case "$choice" in
  7) ./CCcam_restart.sh
     retval=$?
     if [ "$retval" -eq "0" ] ; then
       echo "CCcam restarted successfully"
     fi;;
esac

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting problem - when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu

when the file is not found i want it to return to the menu, however it carries out the next line when i hit a key I know its probably something simple can anyone help? here is my pause function: function pause(){ read -s -n 1 -p "Press any key to return to Menu . . ." echo } SCRIPT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alendrin
2 Replies

2. AIX

IVE and VIOS

I would like to hear your opinions, comments, pros and cons about the IVE (Integrated virtual ethernet) and VIOS (virtual i/o server) With the VIOS can create virtual ethernet and virtual disk With the IVE I dont need to create the vios and I can have virtual ethernet (physical and logical... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Start Menu Problem

I posted this at another forum 25 minutes ago and it has only been looked at once. I have much more faith in this forum, as I've had some good help in the shell scripting forum. So I'll just repost this here. I don't know if this is an (K)Ubuntu specific problem, but that is what I use. Problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notsomeone
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script menu problem

Hi there, I am new to Unix and at the moment I am trying to solve my assignment that is to create a script for the program to prompt user to type three codes, from user point of view it should be done by typing codes separating them by spaces. Then program displays a menu with these three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dannel
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting menu problem

Hi there, I am new to Unix and at the moment I am trying to solve my assignment that is to create a script for the program to prompt user to type three codes, from user point of view it should be done by typing codes separating them by spaces. Then program displays a menu with these three... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dannel
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Menu Script problem

Im new to unix/linux and am having trouble with this one. My problem is when i enter 9 to exit it doesnt do so. also option 6 doesent display the time. Its getting to be frustrating. I know there are probably alot of bug in this bu these basic ones are really odd. #!bin/bash # until ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: christ.666
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu problem

I have tried searching the forum but i haven't found a solution for this. I have a shell script that presents the users with menus. The menus branch out to sub menus. It is all hunky dory as long as i traverse forward. But if i am in a sub menu and return to the previous menu and choose any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
11 Replies

8. AIX

IVE

Hi, is the IVE not included by default in the latest Power7 models? When did it disappear? Can it be ordered as an add-on? Thanks for answering, ff (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problem with dispalying file content using menu driven script

HI All.. below is my menu options script. in option 2,3 and 4 im giving input and they are saving into their respective text file. problem is when im trying to "cat" those files in options 7,8 and 9 im not getting the output. no respective file contents are displaying on screen. but if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
1 Replies

10. Linux

Problem with menu

Everything in the following script works fine, except the jobs command. It works when the script is not running, but does not work in the script itself and I cannot figure out why. Any help would be greatly appreciated. using bash shell clear while echo " A: Jobs" echo " B: PS" echo " C:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silencep77
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLMENU(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)

NAME
dh_installmenu - install Debian menu files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmenu [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmenu is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian menu package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the Debian menu package. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.menu Debian menu files, installed into usr/share/menu/package in the package build directory. See menufile(5) for its format. debian/package.menu-method Debian menu method files, installed into etc/menu-methods/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) update-menus(1) menufile(5) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)