Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using SED to generate new file from template Post 302337951 by danmero on Sunday 26th of July 2009 12:30:28 PM
Old 07-26-2009
@ ppucci
Why you don't post a sample input and a sample of required output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuration and template file

Hi, I have a configuration file(which has values) and a template file(where the values are dummied) Configuration file (a.txt) -------------------- var1=1521 var2=172.10.10.10 var3=emp . . . var15=hhhhhhh Template file (b.txt) -------------------- The host name is $var2. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script to generate hyperlinks refuses to work

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and not a programmer, but I'm writing a bash script to preprocess definitions of technical terms by inserting hyperlinks pointing to other pages in the glossary before the pages are posted to our server, using a standard naming convention for the pages. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markfgilliland
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading columns, making a new file using another as template

Hi fellas, I have two files such as: File 1 interacao,AspAsp,AspCys,CysAsp,CysCys,classe File 2 interacao,AspAsp,CysAsp,AspCys,CysCys,classe beta_alfa, DA, CA, DD, CD,ppi Thus, I want to make a File 3 using the File 1 as model: e.g. File 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

filling in strings in a template file using awk

Hi all, I have a template form to fill in for quite a number of files and I want to automate the filling-in process. the concept seemed to be simple but i cant get it work. the template form is a text file containing the information below: File Name: Date Created: Contents: I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a larger .xml file from a template(sample file)

Dear All, I have a template xml file like below. ....Some---Header....... <SignalPreference> ... <SignalName>STRING</SignalName> ... </SignalPreference> ......Some formatting text....... <SignalPreference> ......... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML File Generation - Template Help

Hi, I have hit a bit of a brick wall.:confused: need the following code edited: echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?><dailyBalance_ROWSET>" > ${DataDir}/${extract_script}${ApplicationDate}.${Suffix} RunSQL ${extract_script} ${ActionFlag} echo "</dailyBalance_ROWSET>" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xergxes7
2 Replies

7. Linux

Search a template file and replace with input

Hi I have a CommonTemplateStop.template file . Inside the file i need to replace the variables DepName and CompInsName with the values(Trade and TradeIns) specified in the script. I have written the below .sh script in linux server which will read the .template file and has to replace the 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inputing info from a CSV file and filling a template file

Hi, I have a .csv file that contains a variety of fields for 60 clients: USERNAME, PASSWORD, and COMMENTS. I have a template file which contains a great deal of data for each client and has the fields USERNAME, PASSWORD, and COMMENTS that has to be filled with the values of USERNAME,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge strings from a file into a template

I am preparing a morphological grammar of Marathi to be placed in open-source. I have two files. The first file called Adverbs contains a whole list of words, one word per line A sample is given below: आधी इतक इतपत उलट एवढ ऐवजी कड कडनं कडल कडील कडून कडे करता करिता खाल (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generate files and use csv data to replace multiple variables in a template

I have a source csv file consists of first field as variable name, and the rest are site-specific information (converted from excel file, where site -specific values in columns). I am trying to create a file for every site using a template and replace the multiple variables with values from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies
load_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      load_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
load_sample - Loads a sample from a file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> SAMPLE *load_sample(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a sample from a file, supporting both mono and stereo WAV and mono VOC files, in 8 or 16-bit formats, as well as formats handled by functions registered using register_sample_file_type(). Example: SAMPLE *sample = load_sample(user_input); if (!sample) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sample!"); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the SAMPLE or NULL on error. Remember to free this sample later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
destroy_sample(3alleg4), load_voc(3alleg4), load_wav(3alleg4), play_sample(3alleg4), save_sample(3alleg4), register_sam- ple_file_type(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_sample(3alleg4)