Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris scstat: unexpected error , sc 3.2 Post 302337886 by samar on Sunday 26th of July 2009 06:19:56 AM
Old 07-26-2009
Hi,
it seems your first reboot after cconfig of your cluster.
did you try to get it up one by one. lets see its behavior.
get up only tommy_sun1.

Good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unexpected error

./sample.5: syntax error: `(' unexpected I get this error and Im trying to solve it but the line that it refering to is a notation so I don't understand why it is affecting the program. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpme2008
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected crontab error

Yesterday i installed a new cron on solaris box. After a few minutes after loading the cron, i got the following error. Your "crontab" on machine_name ! unexpected end of line This entry has been ignored. Do any of you have any idea about this error ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error : Syntax error: redirection unexpected

My script is throwing the error 'Syntax error: redirection unexpected' My line of code.. cat nsstatustest.html | sed s/<tr><td align="left">/<tr><td align="left" bgcolor="#000000"><font color="white">/ > ztmp.Ps23zp2s.2-Fpps3-wmmm0dss3 HTML tags are getting in the way but they're needed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected syntax error

Hi, i am getting following syntax error ...kingly advice why is it coming ?? #!/bin/bash find . -name "common.log" if ; then echo "1" fi Himnashu@home /bin $ ./a.sh ./a.sh: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./a.sh: line 7: `fi' (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Unexpected error

When I typed #svcs -x sma I received this following error, svcs: svcs.c:335: Unexpected libscf error: invalid argument. Exiting. I have googled around but could not find a solution. IS this a bug? I am using Solaris 5.10 Generic_137137-09 sun4v sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: `$' unexpected

Hi all, Am very new to Unix and am currently Involved in Migrating some Shell Scripts from AIX 4 to Solaris 10. While using teh for loop am getting the below error: $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh $ for file in $(ls *SEBE*) syntax error: `$' unexpected while the same works without issue on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkhanore
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unexpected error

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one of the process and for that I am using below command at one line : uncompress `cat tmp` content in tmp file are : /home/vas/aqbatch/newbatch/archive/output/RIM_GUIDEPRICE_AQ_02108.DAT.Z... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting this error syntax error near unexpected token `)'

Hi Everyone, my script was running Ok, but suddenly it started giving this error. ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: syntax error near unexpected token `)' ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: `sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/" repository.xml' The line 54 has this code. sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajay12
2 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)