Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update firmware HBA
Operating Systems AIX Update firmware HBA Post 302337683 by zxmaus on Friday 24th of July 2009 04:18:27 PM
Old 07-24-2009
Hi,
you can do it online (it will throw a few errors but these can safely be ignored) but I would highly recommend to reboot the server after you're done.
Kind regards
zxmaus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to do firmware update

Hi, am a new comer to the AIX side. i had 3 specific questions. 1) what is firmware 2) how to locate the firmware running on a unix server 3) how to do firmware update(is it something i download from IBM site) thanks everybody for taking the time and plz reply. karthik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How do i update firmware on X4500??

I have solaris X4500 with ILOM version 1.1.1. I want to update the firmware. I know that we need to use load -source tftp://tftpserver/image file But I do not understand what is the IP address of the tftp server that we need to type in there. Kindly, help me with this. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
5 Replies

3. Solaris

firmware update on t5120

Hi, I am using 3 t5120 sparc systems, OS solaris 10. I am confused by update manager behaviour and sun support. Sun support guy, tells me install patch : 136932-09 (#136932-09: Hardware/PROM: SPARC Enterprise T5120 & T5220 Sun System Firmware with LDOMS support) When I checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Update MX000 XCP firmware

how can we download the firmware form the host to the XSCF , My host is not configured with either FTP,HTTPS or proxy server. Someone told me we can do it with getflashimage but i did not find any info getflashimage man page to do it. Any help will be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

5. Solaris

After update Solaris version, HBA driver still need to install?

Hi all I had update a server from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 is it the HBA driver still need to reinstall? since i can get the driver info as below: root@sgerpdev # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000003ba9b58a3 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

6. AIX

I need command for HBA model & firmware please

Hi All, I have a task to complete on several server, I need advice from u guys,i need to know that , how can i check the following thing in AIX server. 1)HBA vendor, HBA model, HBA driver version & HBA firmware. 2) Multipath software & multipath version. 3) Cluster software & cluster... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to obtain old version of HBA firmware ?

Hi all: I have a need to down-rev my AIX HBA firmware due to storage instability after upgrading, but IBM support only makes the latest version of firmware available for download. Can anyone provide pointer/tips for obtaining old HBA firmware ? Specifics: 280B HBA df1000fa driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwachtler
1 Replies

8. AIX

System P firmware update

I am interested whether should AIX Admin make upgrade of firmware on power systems or IBM support should do it thanks in advance :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

9. Hardware

2540 firmware update

Hi Guys and Gals, does anyone know how to update the firmware on the drives in a storagetek 2540? Thanks in advance Rgrds Martin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
0 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)