Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users #!/usr/bin/env : perl no such file or directory Post 302337527 by radoulov on Friday 24th of July 2009 10:16:40 AM
Old 07-24-2009
It because the perl interpreter is not in the search path of the user that owns the web server process.
You could consider:

1. Modifying your shebang (to point directly to the perl interpreter), for example:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

or

2. Adding the perl interpreter's directory to the search path to the user that owns the web server process and continue to use the env program:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. AIX

losing /usr/bin directory

I need help figuring out why I lose /usr/bin directory sometimes it goes down 3-4 times a day and I have to link them back using ln - /usr/bin bin I cannot figure out why this is happenning (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: smatherly
23 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris - /usr/bin/rm file

Hi , Can anyone tel me how to read the content of /usr/bin/rm file and pls tell me is it possible to edit that file??? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
23 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

7. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Discussion: use "/usr/bin/env" or not

Hi. In thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/265878-date-format-problem.html , Aia and I were discussing the usefulness of using #!/usr/bin/env bash (or ksh, or perl, or ...) as the shebang line. The exchange was good, but it was getting beyond the scope or the thread, so I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drl
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error: /usr/bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory

Hi, I installed ruby using rvm with root user on Linux. Now i m trying the below command as a non root user with sudo privileges. sudo /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.5/bin/gem install passenger I get the below error: I had even reset the path for both gem as well as ruby as you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
Acme::Brainfuck(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Acme::Brainfuck(3)

NAME
Acme::Brainfuck - Embed Brainfuck in your perl code SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print 'Hello world!', chr ++++++++++. ; DESCRIPTION
Brainfuck is about the tiniest Turing-complete programming language you can get. A language is Turing-complete if it can model the opera- tions of a Turing machine--an abstract model of a computer defined by the British mathematician Alan Turing in 1936. A Turing machine con- sists only of an endless sequence of memory cells and a pointer to one particular memory cell. Yet it is theoretically capable of perform- ing any computation. With this module, you can embed Brainfuck instructions delimited by whitespace into your perl code. It will be trans- lated into Perl as parsed. Brainfuck has just just 8 instructions (well more in this implementation, see "Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck" below.) which are as follows Instructions + Increment Increase the value of the current memory cell by one. - Decrement Decrease the value of the current memory cell by one. > Forward Move the pointer to the next memory cell. < Back Move the pointer to the previous memory cell. , Input Read a byte from Standard Input and store it in the current memory cell. . Output Write the value of the current memory cell to standard output. [ Loop If the value of the current memory cell is 0, continue to the cell after the next ']'. ] Next Go back to the last previous '['. Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck This implementation has extra instructions available. In order to avoid such terrible bloat, they are only available if you use the ver- bose pragma like so: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; The extra instructions are: ~ Reset Resets the pointer to the first memory cell and clear all memory cells. # Peek Prints the values of the memory pointer and the current memory cell to STDERR. See also "Debugging" below. Debugging By using the debug pragma like this: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/debug/; you can dump out the generated perl code. (Caution: it is not pretty.) The key to understanding it is that the memory pointer is repre- sented by $p, and the memory array by @m Therefore the value of the current memory cell is $m[$p]. RETURN VALUE
Each sequence of Brainfuck instructions becomes a Perl block and returns the value of the current memory cell. EXAMPLES
JABH #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print "Just another "; ++++++[>++++++++++++++++<-]> ++.-- >+++[<++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------>-]< +.- +++++++++.--------- ++++++++++++++.-------------- ++++++.------ >+++[<+++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------->-]< +++.--- +++++++++++.----------- print " hacker. "; Countdown #!/usr/bin/env perl use strict; use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; print "Countdown commencing... "; ++++++++++[>+>+<<-] >>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<< ++++++++++[>>.-<.<-] print "We have liftoff! "; Reverse #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; while(1) { print "Say something to Backwards Man and then press enter: "; +[->,----------]< print 'Backwards Man says, "'; [+++++++++++.<]< print "" to you too. "; ~ } Math #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; use strict; use warnings; my $answer = +++[>++++++<-]> ; print "3 * 6 = $answer "; VERSION
1.1.1 Apr 06, 2004 AUTHOR
Jaldhar H. Vyas E<lt>jaldhar@braincells.comE<gt> THANKS
Urban Mueller - The inventor of Brainfuck. Damian Conway - For twisting perl to hitherto unimaginable heights of weirdness. Marco Nippula <http://www.hut.fi/~mnippula/> - Some code in this module comes from his brainfuck.pl Mr. Rock - Who has a nice Brainfuck tutorial at <http://www.cydathria.com/bf/>. Some of the example code comes from there. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2004, Consolidated Braincells Inc. Licensed with no warranties under the Crowley Public License: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the license." perl v5.8.3 2004-04-06 Acme::Brainfuck(3)