Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with patch bundle installation on Solairs 10 Post 302337466 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 24th of July 2009 07:55:10 AM
Old 07-24-2009
To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Patch Installation

I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my 11.00. I am a novice at this so bear with me. I do not understand how to install depots. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches: PHSS_21950, QPK_11.00.64 I go to:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFA
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Patch Installation Problem

HI: Thanks for your help Im follow the steps describe on the link http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90772/ch06s01.html and have a diffetrent types of error messages and warning messages describes below: on the step two sh: PH* not found on step three *session started for user "root@test"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFA
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

installation of many patches / bundle

Hi, I need to install these 7 patches on my server: and the below are the 5 dependency to install these patches 1. PHNE_31097; 1(a). PHCO_33205 (dependency) b(a). PHCO_30398 (dependency) 2. PHSS_32508; 3. PHSS_32509; 4. PHSS_32510; 5. PHSS_30970; 6. PHSS_32731; 6(a). PHNE_28810... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipsinghal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solairs installation

We have purchased one solaris 10 DVD to install solaris on sparc(already it has solaris 9 OS) system.In our sparc system having cd-rw.Aparting that we are having windows xp system which is having dvd-rw.Both sparc and windows xp are connected network in that we are sharing the files from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Patch installation

Can any one let me know the complete steps to install patch on a production server like Sun Fire V440. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
7 Replies

6. Solaris

OS Patch Installation

Hello, I'm very new to this forum and solaris - I have solaris 5.10 installed on my machine (x86) and when I did a prerequisite check for Oracle Database 11g R2, it was showing the following patches are missing - OS Patch:137104-02 OS Patch:120754-06 OS Patch:119961-05 OS Patch:119964-14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsreedharan
3 Replies

7. Linux

Patch Installation

Am new to Linux and this forum From where can I download sysstatx86_64 and numactl-devel patches ? Thanks! :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsreedharan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Recommended patchset for Solaris and the patch bundle

Hello I recently downloaded and installed the latest patchset for Solaris 10 (update 5) running on SPARC. Actually I am new to Solaris (I come from Red Hat) and the security department asked me to update the system for security fixes. I logged in to Oracle support and used the recommended patch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
3 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)