Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change date format and then compare dates Post 302337351 by RubinPat on Friday 24th of July 2009 01:32:27 AM
Old 07-24-2009
hi ryanthegr8,

I cannot use DATE command . I have to extract the date out of the filenames like
071609 and change it to 20090716. Change is not a problem but I need 20090716 in number format. Does it make sense?sorry again if im not clear. And thanks though

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare dates in a field and print the latest date row

Hi, I need a shell script which should find the latest date in the field of file and print that line only. For eg., I have a file /date.log Name Date Status IBM 06/06/07 close DELL 07/27/07 open DELL 06/07/07 open : : : From... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cvkishore
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Change the Format of a Date

Hi All, this is my second post, last post reply was very helpful. I have a data that has date in DD/MM/YYYY (07/11/2008) format i want to replace the backslash by a dot(.) so that my awk script can read it inside the C shell script that i have written. i want to change 07/11/2008 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date difference between 2 dates in 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' format

Hi all, I know this may have already been asked but hey ho... i have two dates in the 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' format. '2009-01-03 01:00:00' '2009-04-05 00:00:00' How can i, in shell script determine their differences? Please note, the time may not be available, so please suggest both... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Date after 5 dates in YYYYMMDD format

Hi Experts, How to get date 5 days after current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do we compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

sqlite: calculating with dates - compare current date minus 6 months with stored record

Hi I have a table with name, date in format DD.MM.YYYY. I need to something like this (I try to explain in pseudo code) if SYSDATE (current date) minus 6 months > $expiry date print OK else print NOK with $name and $expiry date I know this is possible with Oracle. How to do this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compare column with date format

I have this code to compare columns 1 and 10 between file1 and file 2 and give me all records that match column 1 but dont match column 10 However column 10 is date format mm/dd/yy and awk cant read it and compare ...i tried awk < file1 -F~ '{print $10}' and it gave blank screen Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Date with String in date format

Hi, I am new to this forum, searched, but for some reason did not find much help, so a new thread. I am trying to compare date with a string which is in date format , but for some reason, system does not give me the right result. Date is coming in a file and i am comparing the same with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkstool
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change just the date format

need some more help please i have a large file and i want to change just the date format with awk or sed from this yyyy-mm-dd 2016-04-15 8.30 2016-04-15 7.30 2016-04-13 7.30 2016-04-11 8.30 2016-04-11 7.30 2016-04-08 8.30 2016-04-08 7.30 2016-04-06... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two dates in a specific format ?

Hello, I am not able to find how to compare two dates in '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S,%3N' format i have to two dates as below date1="2016-08-24 09:47:40,444" date2="2016-08-24 10:45:40,567" how to compare these two dates ? I have tried below without success if ; then echo 'yes'; fi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramneekgupta91
6 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)