Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: passing parameters using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing parameters using awk Post 302337343 by BubbaJoe on Friday 24th of July 2009 12:46:57 AM
Old 07-24-2009
Instead of using awk to process your sh just call your shell script.

Instead of

Code:
awk -f awk2.sh xx a.txt b.txt

Just run

Code:
awk2.sh xx a.txt b.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters through a file

I have created a script "myscript.sh" I need to run this script with diffrent parameters. The parameters are stored in a file myparam.txt. I need to run myscript.sh script for every parameter supplied in myparam.txt. Example: If myparam.txt contains following lines: param1 param2 param3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chawlaaman
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing more than 9 parameters

hi, i am passing around 14 parameters for a script a=$1 b=$2 c=$3 d=$4 e=$5 f=$6 g=$7 h=$8 i=\"${9}\" shift j=\"${1}\" still for j it is displaying the 1st parameter value..how to make it take the 10th parameter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

specified path name is too long passing parameters to awk via shell script

Hello, I have this shell script that runs awk code by passing in parameters however now it doesn't work anymore with the parameters and I don't know why. It removes duplicates from an input file based on a part of the last field and a key column. It removes the record with the older datetime... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate the passing of parameters

I am writing a script that should read the csv file and pass the values in the file as parameters to the script. The csv file looks like this: TEST_1,20110221 TEST_2,20110220 TEST_3,20110218,20110219 Currently this is how i am running the script ./test.sh <param1> <date> Ex: ./test.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the parameters using a function

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting required some help in passing the parameter value to the shell script. I am writing a shell script, in the script I have created two functions as below. first function get_trend_ids () { Here I am connecting to the database and getting all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing the parameters through a file

Hi All, I have written a shell script and the script is working fine, I am passing my MIT_ID(NUMBER VALUE) to the shell script from the command prompt and my script is executing as expected. Now I have to pass all the MIT_ID's from a .txt file to the shell script,as I am automating this I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters to the script

how can i make a script to run only when parameters are given, if parameters are not given it should through an error , saying "please enter a parameter" for ex: i want a find command to run only when the parameters are given (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knip
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing 2+ parameters to one command

I have a script that uses more than one parameter. It looks like this: for i in `cat /tmp/listofpolicies`; do for x in $(cat /tmp/lst |sed 's/^/\/usr\/openv\/netbackup\/db\/class\//g'); do /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplinclude $i -delete -f $x;done;done The problem is that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Parameters to Crontab

Hello Experts, I have a requirement to pass some parameters to Linux cron tab. For ex: My default cron entry looks like this as below: ------------------------------- 55 10 * * --... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaheshChaudhari
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing parameters from a file

Hello Everyone, I have developed a shell script which takes schema id and password as parameter to login into database using sqlplus,runs a query and mails the result. My requirement is that, I dont want to pass userid and password as parameters.Instead,I want to pass say Environment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)