Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB Post 302337341 by jim mcnamara on Friday 24th of July 2009 12:24:15 AM
Old 07-24-2009
IF you mean call a stored procedure search the forums for 'oracle shell'. We get this type of question dozens of times a year.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script from oracle store procedure

hi, this is urgent..can i run a shell script from store procedure without using java. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnabb4u
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call oracle stored procedure from unix shell

Hi i want to call a oracle stored procedure from unix (using bash shell). consider this is my oracle stored procedure with parameter create procedure testproc(name IN varchar, age IN Number, id OUT Number ) AS begin id=1; dbms_output.put.line('successfull validation') end;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call and redirect output of Oracle stored procedure from unix script

Hi, Can you assist me in how to redirect the output of oracle stored procedure from unix script? Something similar to what i did for sybase isql -U$MYDBLOG -D$MYDBNAME -S$MYDBSVR -P$MYDBPWD -o$MYFILE<< %% proc_my_test 8 go %% Thanks in advance - jak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script from Oracle procedure

Hi Gurus, Want to execute a shell script from a oracle procedure and get the status of the same, any assistance in this regard will be appreciated. proc_data.sh is script name which I want to execute from oracle procedure It should work something like below procedure test begin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palanisvr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call stored procedure with CLOB out parameter from shell script?

I have written a stored procedure in oracle database, which is having a CLOB OUT parameter. How can i call this stored procedure from shell script and get the CLOB object in shell script variable? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To call Oracle procedure by reading parameter file in UNIX

hi Guys, is there a way to pass parameter into oracle store procedure by reading date range in file and increment accordingly. Something like this file.txt 01-JAN-2015 03-JAN-2015 sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB execute TEST( to_date( '01-JAN-2015, 'dd.mm.yyyy' ), to_date( '03-JAN-2015', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to execute Oracle procedure and trigerring email on success and failure

Here is the shell script which need to trigger a stored procedure and when the record count is 0 then it should capture in the log that 0 duplicate records are found and if it's more than 0 then log with no of records. Also if there is any sqlerror then it should write the same in the log file and... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmng
17 Replies
LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)

NAME
lr_environment - Export Lire configuration in shell script form SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_environment` DESCRIPTION
The lr_environment command is used to import the Lire configuration in Lire shell scripts. All of Lire configuration variables will be written in a format that can be evaled by the shell. Shell scripts don't usually have to use that command, since it is done by the defaults file sourced by each command. The old names used by when the configuration was done in shell script are also exported by this script for backward compatibility. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: lr_environment.in,v 1.12 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENVIRONMENT.IN(1)