Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk matrix problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk matrix problem Post 302337306 by philstar on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 07:51:21 PM
Old 07-23-2009
awk matrix problem

hi there
I'm very new in programing and i've started with awk.
I'm processing 200 data files and I need to do some precessing on them.
The files have 3 columns with N-lines
for each line a have on the first and second value is the same for all the files and only the third is variable. like this:

file1
0.003 0.004 4
0.005 -0.003 3
-0.023 0.423 2
file2
0.003 0.004 5
0.005 -0.003 4
-0.023 0.423 8

I need an output that can give me a matrix than the 1st and 2nd column are the same but the 3 must be a mean of all the values of all files

outputfile
0.003 0.004 mean
0.005 -0.003 mean
-0.023 0.423 mean

i have another problem cause' sometimes the value in the 3d column is not a number (NaN) and I can't count that one for the mean.

Can anyone give me some ideiasSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help-matrix inverse (awk)

I have few days to complete my awk homework. But I'm stucked. i hope some1 will help me out. I have to inverse n x n matrix, but I have problems with finding the determinant of the matrix. I found the algoritm, how to find a determinant of n x n matrix:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

matrix inverse (awk)

I need to inverse a matrix given in a file. The problem is I'm stuck with writing determinant finding algoritm into code. I found this algoritm about finding determinant of nxn matrix. This is what i need: Matrices and Determinants and here: a11 a12 a13 a21 a22 a23 a31 a32 a33... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vesyyr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl- matrix problem

A C G T - A 5 -4 -4 -4 -5 C -4 5 -4 -4 -5 G -4 -4 5 -4 -5 T -4 -4 -4 5 -5 - -5 -5 -5 -5 0 So lets say I have a matrix which looks something like (above). Its basically a scoring matrix. the numbers are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aj05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list

Hi everyone I am very new at awk but think that that might be the best strategy for this. I have a matrix very similar to a correlation matrix and in practical terms I need to convert it into a list containing the values from the matrix (one value per line) with the first field of the line (row... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonkey
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up a matrix using awk

Hi there, If anyone can help me sorting out this small task would be great. Given a matrix like the following: 100 3 3 3 3 3 ... 200 5 5 5 5 5 ... 400 1 1 1 1 1 ... 500 8 8 8 8 8 ... 900 0 0 0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRodrigoF
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert data into matrix- awk

is it possible to count the number of keys based on state and cell and output it as a simple matrix. Ex: cell1-state1 has 2 keys cell3-state1 has 4 keys. Note: Insert 0 if no data available. input key states cell key1 state1 cell1 key1 state2 cell1 key1 ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
21 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to matrix-like file using AWK

Hi, Needs for statistics, doing converting Here is a sample file Input : 1|A|17,94 1|B|22,59 1|C|56,93 2|A|63,71 2|C|23,92 5|B|19,49 5|C|67,58 expecting something like that Output : 1|A|17,94|B|22,59|C|56,93 2|A|63,71|B|0|C|23,92 5|A|0|B|19,49|C|67,58 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to rearrange a matrix with awk

Hi, every one. I have two files ,one is in matrix like this, one is a list with the same data as the matrix. AB AE AC AD AA AF SA 3 4 5 6 4 6 SC 5 7 2 8 4 3 SD 4 6 5 3 8 3 SE 45 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How order a data matrix using awk?

is it possible to order the following row clusters from ascending to descending. thanx in advance input 1 2 4 0 1 2 4 0 3 3 3 3 1 5 1 0 1 5 1 0 6 0 0 0 5 1 1 1... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sum the matrix using awk?

input A1 B1 A2 B2 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 Output label A1 B1 A2 B2 A1 2 1 1 2 B1 1 2 2 1 A2 1 2 3 2 B2 2 1 2 3 Ex: The number of times that A1 and B1 row values are both 1 should be printed as output. The last row of A1 and B1 in the input match by having 1 in both... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
AMPLOT(8)						  System Administration Commands						 AMPLOT(8)

NAME
amplot - visualize the behavior of Amanda SYNOPSIS
amplot [-b] [-c] [-e] [-g] [-l] [-p] [-t T] amdump_files DESCRIPTION
Amplot reads an amdump output file that Amanda generates each run (e.g. amdump.1) and translates the information into a picture format that may be used to determine how your installation is doing and if any parameters need to be changed. Amplot also prints out amdump lines that it either does not understand or knows to be warning or error lines and a summary of the start, end and total time for each backup image. Amplot is a shell script that executes an awk program (amplot.awk) to scan the amdump output file. It then executes a gnuplot program (amplot.g) to generate the graph. The awk program is written in an enhanced version of awk, such as GNU awk (gawk(1) version 2.15 or later) or nawk(1). During execution, amplot generates a few temporary files that gnuplot uses. These files are deleted at the end of execution. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-b Generate b/w postscript file (need -p). -c Compress amdump_files after plotting. -e Extend the X (time) axis if needed. -g Direct gnuplot output directly to the X11 display (default). -p Direct postscript output to file YYYYMMDD.ps (opposite of -g). -l Generate landscape oriented output (needs -p). -t T Set the right edge of the plot to be T hours. The amdump_files may be in various compressed formats (compress, gzip, pact, compact). INTERPRETATION
The figure is divided into a number of regions. There are titles on the top that show important statistical information about the configuration and from this execution of amdump. In the figure, the X axis is time, with 0 being the moment amdump was started. The Y axis is divided into 5 regions: QUEUES: How many backups have not been started, how many are waiting on space in the holding disk and how many have been transferred successfully to tape. %BANDWIDTH: Percentage of allowed network bandwidth in use. HOLDING DISK: The higher line depicts space allocated on the holding disk to backups in progress and completed backups waiting to be written to tape. The lower line depicts the fraction of the holding disk containing completed backups waiting to be written to tape including the file currently being written to tape. The scale is percentage of the holding disk. TAPE: Tape drive usage. %DUMPERS: Percentage of active dumpers. The idle period at the left of the graph is time amdump is asking the machines how much data they are going to dump. This process can take a while if hosts are down or it takes them a long time to generate estimates. BUGS
Reports lines it does not recognize, mainly error cases but some are legitimate lines the program needs to be taught about. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), gnuplot(1), compress(1), gzip(1) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@tis.com> Trusted Information Systems Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMPLOT(8)