Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How do you manage your DMZ server accounts? Post 302337108 by humbletech99 on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 11:38:19 AM
Old 07-23-2009
PHP How do you manage your DMZ server accounts?

I'd just like to know what you use for user account management on your DMZ servers?

Do you use the same authentication realm as internally?

Do you use a different authentication realm, perhaps only for the DMZ?

Do you use local accounts?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to migrate user accounts to a new server

Hello All, I am a student sys admin and not a professional. I'd like to know how can I migrate the user accounts in the current server to a new server( to be installed) non-destructively. Also in what way the old server can be used after installation of the new server. I'd sincerely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maybemedic
2 Replies

2. Solaris

NIS server to manage NFS quota

I have a Solaris NIS master server to manage my Solaris NIS clients' passwd, group, shadow. I also have a EMC NAS. The NAS is NFS mounted on my clients. I would like to use disk quota to manage my users. From what I read from the SUN doc, quota can be implemented on the Solaris NFS client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

possible to lock accounts (passwd -l) and still allow acct to ssh to other server?

My scenario is as follows: We have a handful of batch accounts that run our production jobs. Our users are able to use sudo to become that account. Also, because of other reasons, the passwords are also listed in an encrypted file that each team can see their batch ID. So, I have some users... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

One DMZ server reverse proxy for 2 websites

Hi All, Hope this is the correct thread to ask this, if not, can an admin please move it to the correct thread. Got a wee problem I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have Network A with two servers hosting separate webpages (I will call these WP1 & WP2). A DMZ server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
6 Replies
pam_krb5_migrate(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				       pam_krb5_migrate(7)

NAME
pam_krb5_migrate - Kerberos 5 Migration PAM module SYNOPSIS
auth optional pam_krb5_migrate.so DESCRIPTION
pam_krb5_migrate is a stackable authentication module that takes a username and password from an earlier module in the stack, and attempts to transparently add them to a Kerberos realm using the Kerberos 5 kadmin service. The module can be used to ease the administrative burdens of migrating a large installed userbase from pre-existing authentication methods to a Kerberos-based setup. OPTIONS
The following options may be passed to the authentication module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. keytab=<file> use alternate keytab for authentication (default is /etc/security/pam_krb5.keytab). min_uid=<uid> don't add principals for uids lower than <uid>. (default is 100) principal=<name> use the key for <name> instead of the default pam_migrate/<hostname> key realm=<REALM> update the database for a realm other than the default realm. AUTHOR
pam_krb5_migrate was written by Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net>. This manpage was assembled by Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@samba.org>. SEE ALSO
kadmin(1), pam_krb5(5), pam(3), libpam(4). 13 November 2006 pam_krb5_migrate(7)