Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c++ calls bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting c++ calls bash Post 302336909 by 3.14.TR on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 05:16:13 AM
Old 07-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Have you tried the system() function?

Regards
and what si the parameter? way to file? it doesn't works:-/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested calls

Hi all, I have two questions: 1. I have a script (call it A) that call another script (call it B) which in turn call another script (call it C). The strange thing is that when script C hangs script A exists (i.e., will not appear when I call ps command to list all the running processes). Is my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omran
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System calls for cp and mv

Which system calls are made for operations cp and mv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurava99
2 Replies

3. Solaris

System calls ?

where can i find the differences in System calls between solaris and aix? also is it possible to find a comprehensive list of them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TECHRAMESH
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Identification of data calls & voice calls

Is there any facility to filter/identify the data calls and voice calls coming throug modem? OR Can we get the data or voice calls information through a script(preferably C Kermit)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using system calls

Hi, I'm new to UNIX system calls. Can someone share your knowledge as to how exactly system calls should be executed? Can they be typed like commands such as mkdir on the terminal itself? Also, are there any websites which will show me an example of the output to expect when a system call like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilavenil
1 Replies

6. Programming

System calls

why user is not able to switch from user to kernel mode by writing the function whose code is identical to system call. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
1 Replies

7. BSD

system calls

what is the functions and relationship between fork,exec,wait system calls as i am a beginer just want the fundamentals. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangramdas
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About system calls.

Hi all, I am new here . I want to know about system call in detail. As system calls are also function .How system identifies it.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasrao
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system calls in C

Hello, how would i be able to call ps in C programming? thanks, ---------- Post updated at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:31 AM ---------- here's the complete system call, ps -o pid -p %d, getpit() (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
2 Replies

10. Programming

System Calls using C w/BASH

Hello all, I'm attempting to write a basic application that appends an arbitrary list of txt files to one txt file. So, for example, if the application is run like so: appendFileToFile file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the system command should, hopefully be, cat >> testfile.txt I'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyte_rhyno
4 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux