Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: a tab between values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting a tab between values Post 302336796 by edidataguy on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 10:08:04 PM
Old 07-22-2009
Code:
sed 's/\(.$\)/ \1/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pick values from column based on key values by usin AWK

Dear Guyz:) I have 2 different input files like this. I would like to pick the values or letters from the inputfile2 based on inputfile1 keys (A,F,N,X,Z). I have done similar task by using awk but in that case the inputfiles are similar like in inputfile2 (all keys in 1st column and values in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from tab-delimited file in unix script

Hi I am trying to retrieve values from a tab-delimited file.I am using while read record value=`echo $record | cut -f12` done Where 12 is the column no i want retieve and record is one line of the file. But it is returning the full record. Plz help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing two values with TAB in between

Dear friends, I want to print variables' values in certain format where space between two values of variables is "a tab" I tried where I provided "tab" between two varibales. But when it print values on screen its giving me output without spaces in two values. Request you to help me in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file and group values with problematic tab

hi people; the similar topic is being opened in here and here but i have confused with following condition. so i wanted to open a seperate topic. from my file.txt:... ... ... 110105-16:04:04 192.168.1.1 7.1j Port_NODE_MODEL_M_1_8 stopfile=/tmp/10544... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to echo space or tab delimited values into rows?

Hi, I have the following code: LIST=`ls | grep '.sql$'` echo $LIST The above code will give me something like.. file1.sh file2.sh file3.sh file4.sh file5.sh I want to display the values into rows using echo like... file1.sh file2.sh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tab delimited file that is not tab delimited.

Hi Forum I have a tab delimited file that opens well in Openoffice calc (excel). But when I perform any operation in command line, it reads the file incorrectly. When I 'save As' the same file in office as tab delimited then it works fine. The file that I think is tab delimited is actually... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imlearning
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting odd values to even values(or vice-versa) located in a column

Hello All, I have a below data in a .csv file where all rows where col1 is A, col2 is odd numbers, similarly even numbers for all rows where col1 is B. Note that my data has some other columns(not shown here) too (around 100) after col2. Tool,Data A,1 A,3 A,5 .... so on B,2 B,4 .... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort tab delimited file according to which rows have missing values

Hello! I have a tab delimited file with values in three columns. Some values occur in all three columns, other values are present in only one or two columns. I would like to sort the file so that rows with no missing values come first, rows with one missing values come next, and rows with two... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBarrett1213
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)