Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD You have another version of autoconf... Post 302336759 by userunx on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 06:18:18 PM
Old 07-22-2009
I did understand that the error message suggested to user autoreconf. I can read what I typed in my first post. But perhaps I should have been clearer in my question. Is there any chance anyone in this forum can provide an example or any instructions on *how* to use autoreconf, and in this context - installing mysql50-server? Or would anyone care to find another solution? I don't want to waste anyones time, which is why I googled this subject first, and even found a book on GNU autotools, but I simply don't have the time to read/learn it to resolve this issue. Any 1., 2., 3. style instruction would be useful for not just myself but any other FreeBSD/Linux noobs who have the impression that after thoroughly searching for an existing solution in the net, and not finding one, they may graciously/patiently be helped here. And then, in the future, should I find others with similar issues here, I knowing how to user autoreconf, would try to take more than 3 seconds to write more than a (sarcastic and redundant) one-liner reply to help others. I hope this is how good forums work. But then again, these fora have a lot of viewers and very few people attempting solutions. Perhaps I joined the wrong one? Thanks

---------- Post updated at 17:18 ---------- Previous update was at 17:15 ----------

It appears the preview function likes to strip all carriage returns from posts... and my last reply has been transformed from a few paragraphs to a single block. Great

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

automake/autoconf problem

hi, i'm fairly new with automake and i ran into a problem that i have found no solution for. so i have a setup where i don't want all the output files generated by the compiler and alike in my src directory, instead i created a build/unix folder and i have build/unix/config set for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akimaki
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using automake and autoconf with C++

hi, I have written the Makefile.am and autoconf.ac files and am looking to build my project by providing the following commands: $autoreconf -f -i -m $./configure both of the above work fine, but when I give the make command, I get the following error: make all-am make: Entering directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacpp
0 Replies

3. Programming

Using autoconf and automake. aclocal-1.11: command not found

Hi, I'm trying to make my source "buildable". autoconf and automake tools are used. configure and Makefile.in files are created successfully. configure.ac: AC_INIT() AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR() AC_PROG_CXX AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(main, 0.1) AC_CHECK_HEADERS()... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoConf,-Make

Heyas I'm trying to rewrite the install procedure of TUI, applying the standards of the Autotools. Inofficial: unix - Why always ./configure; make; make install; as 3 seperate steps? - Stack Overflow autoconf automake tutorial Official: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
4 Replies
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3)

NAME
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql - CGI::Session driver for MySQL database SYNOPSIS
$s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid); $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:test', User => 'sherzodr', Password => 'hello' }); $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { Handle => $dbh } ); DESCRIPTION
mysql stores session records in a MySQL table. For details see CGI::Session::Driver::DBI, its parent class. It's especially important for the MySQL driver that the session ID column be defined as a primary key, or at least "unique", like this: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id CHAR(32) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, a_session TEXT NOT NULL ); To use different column names, change the 'create table' statement, and then simply do this: $s = new CGI::Session('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:project', }); or $s = new CGI::Session('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', Handle=>$dbh, }); DRIVER ARGUMENTS mysql driver supports all the arguments documented in CGI::Session::Driver::DBI. In addition, DataSource argument can optionally leave leading "dbi:mysql:" string out: $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'shopping_cart'}); # is the same as: $s = new CGI::Session( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:shopping_cart'}); BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY As of V 4.30, the global variable $CGI::Session::MySQL::TABLE_NAME cannot be used to set the session table's name. This is due to changes in CGI::Session::Driver's new() method, which now allows the table's name to be changed (as well as allowing both the 'id' column name and the 'a_session' column name to be changed). See the documentation for CGI::Session::Driver::DBI for details. In particular, the new syntax for "new()" applies to all database drivers, whereas the old - and bad - global variable method only applied to MySQL. Alternately, call $session -> table_name('new_name') just after creating the session object if you wish to change the session table's name. LICENSING
For support and licensing see CGI::Session. perl v5.16.3 2008-07-16 CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3)