Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sunfire V880 Internal Disk Problem Post 302336477 by jamba1 on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 08:41:57 AM
Old 07-22-2009
Thanks for your response Frozentin. After some research I replaced c1t0d0 (boot disk) using luxadm and meta commands which was mirrored with c1t1d0. c1t2d0 is next as soon as I get a replacement disk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

X6799A PCI cards and Sunfire v880

Hi, Can X6799A PCI single fiber channel cards be fitted into the top 2 slots of a Sunfire v880. These 2 slots are 66Mhz and X6799A are supposed to be able to connect at this speed. However , I believe the cards are 5volts , whilst the slots are 3.3volts. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Serial Port Connection to a Sunfire V880 (having Solaris 10)

Hi, I'mtrying to connect a Device via the serial port to my Solaris 10 environment (Sunfire V880). I have setup ttyb to connect to the Device. I am getting a connected status in my Port Listing (Using a separate Module that I have in the app running in the environment) but the moment I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alchemist
0 Replies

3. Solaris

replacing root disk SunFire 280R

Hi, We had a disk go bad in this SunFire 280R, running Solaris 8 - Generic_117350-46. We replaced the disk and partitioned it. We metadetached all the metadevices but for some reason the new disk is showing up in the metadb as Concat/Stripe and it won't let us re-sync the mirror. We are not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sunfire 4100 xbrowser problem

I installed SGD on SUNfire 4100, every thing was working fine, suddenly the machine shutdown due to the power failure. When I again switched it on, it is asking for the login in text mode. No graphics are displaying and even I cannot get its display via xbrowser. While before it was working fine.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluetooth
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

internal disk and external disk question

Hello, We are running sun solaris and it is connected to SAN storage. How do I find what are the disks are internal and what are the disks are connected to SAN? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

7. AIX

Remove internal disk from Veritas Control

I installed new internal disks in my p570. They will be part of a new AIX vg. Unfortunately, we have Veritas Volume Manager running on this AIX 5.2 ml 10 box. Veritas has grabbed control of the disks. I want AIX LVM to control the disks. I cannot get these disks free of Veritas: <lspv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BobSmith
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Attaching 1TB external drive to SunFire v880

Hi I have a 1TB external drive that I want to attach to a SunFire v880 server which runs on Solaris 9. After attaching the external drive what commands should I issue so that the drive will be seen by the server? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Disk in Linux machine are internal or external

How to check whether the disk in linux machine are internal or external ( from nas or san). How to identify internal(local) and external disks. Following are some details of my server. Thanks. #df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda3 15G 3.5G 10G... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salmanraza
2 Replies

10. Hardware

Sunfire V880

Hi Does someone have the latest firmware for a sunfire v880 I have a problem with the FC-AL disk i guess i need to upgrade the firmware but i dont have a support with oracle and i can't find it anywhere thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)