Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Perl] How to install with CPAN specified version of module Post 302336398 by geo_v123 on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 04:23:47 AM
Old 07-22-2009
Try Install Perl Module - Automated Script

Try Install Perl Module - Automated Script

This is an automated script developed in Perl to install Perl modules and all of its dependent modules with in a single step.

Download it from
Install Perl Module - Automated Script | Get Install Perl Module - Automated Script at SourceForge.net

It will help you.

Regards,
Geo Varghese

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CYGWIN/CPAN install of Expect.pm

I am attempting to install a Perl Expect module via the CPAN . CPAN goes through the process but nothing happens, sample perl scripts can not find the Expect Module. CPAN was configured via the Default process " Are you ready for manual configuration? " answered "no". CPAN install seemed to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: white222
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL DBI module install

We ran into an issue trying to install DBI and DB2 modules for perl for AIX from the link http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/perl/ We tried to install the DBI module using bash# perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI' command. However we ended up with the following error. Stop. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Install Perl Module

Hi Every one, I am suing solaris 5.10. i want install perl modules, how insall cn any body help me to install perl Module.. Thank you for your Help Thanks, Hari.A. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari.jnvc90
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - problem with CPAN module XML::Simple

Hi All, I am trying to run the following program #!/usr/bin/perl # use module use XML::Simple; use Data::Dumper; # create object $xml = new XML::Simple; # read XML file $data = $xml->XMLin("dump.xml"); # print output print Dumper($dump); At first i had the error mesage saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userscript
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to install from CPAN

Hi i was trying to install Text::CSV from cpan... it seemed to have downloaded everythign properly but was not able to run the make file... do u have any idea as to why this happened?? Install: ============================= If you install Text::CSV_XS v.0.70, it makes Text::CSV faster. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VGR
5 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Unable to install Perl module via CPAN

Hi, I am trying to install Unicode::String from the cpan shell, and here is what I get: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychomachine
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Trying to install perl module

Here's the deal: I'm trying to install perl's DBI Module in my Solaris 11 express ( ALSO TRYING IN SOLARIS 10 ) but I'm getting these errors/warnings when using the respective commands perl Makefile.PL Warning: prerequisite ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.48 not found. We have 6.42. Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvaradogunner
3 Replies

8. Solaris

perl module install issue

Hi, I've been trying to install the perl module DateTime-0.72 onto Solaris 10 server. # uname -a SunOS 5.10 Generic_142910-17 i86pc i386 i86pc but I'm getting the following error: /export/home/perl-modules/DateTime-0.72/> perl Build.PL Can't locate Module/Build.pm in @INC (@INC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keatingb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies
Module::Install::Share(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Module::Install::Share(3)

NAME
Module::Install::Share - Install non-code files for use during run-time SYNOPSIS
# Put everything inside ./share/ into the distribution 'auto' path install_share 'share'; # Same thing as above using the default directory name install_share; DESCRIPTION
As well as Perl modules and Perl binary applications, some distributions need to install read-only data files to a location on the file system for use at run-time. XML Schemas, YAML data files, and SQLite databases are examples of the sort of things distributions might typically need to have available after installation. "Module::Install::Share" is a Module::Install extension that provides commands to allow these files to be installed to the applicable location on disk. To locate the files after installation so they can be used inside your module, see this extension's companion module File::ShareDir. TO DO
Currently "install_share" installs not only the files you want, but if called by the author will also copy .svn and other source-control directories, and other junk. Enhance this to copy only files under share that are in the MANIFEST, or possibly those not in MANIFEST.SKIP. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Module::Install, File::ShareDir COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Audrey Tang, Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.16.3 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Share(3)