Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code to get 5 unix files in 5 different tabs in a single excel Post 302336325 by misssrinivasan on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 09:53:44 PM
Old 07-21-2009
Question Code to get 5 unix files in 5 different tabs in a single excel

Hi All

I need to put 5 different files from Unix box in 5 different tabs in a single excel. For this, I need to code only using Unix.

Kindly help me on this.

---------- Post updated at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:24 AM ----------

Hi All

I need to put 5 different files from Unix box in 5 different tabs in a single excel. For this, I need to code only using Unix.

Kindly help me on this.[/quote]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exporting files from unix to Excel sheet

How can we export a file in unix with certain number of columns to an excel sheet. It's very useful in time saving...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine different Excel sheets into a single work book using UNIX

Hi All, I have 4 excel files and i want to combine these 4 files into a single workbook .. my constraints is each work sheet should go to a seperate sheet or tab with sheet name .. my final workbook should have 4 tabs(sheets) each for one. Thanks in Advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish99
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Split Excel Workbook to Indiv Excel files

Hi, I am trying to find a way to read an excel work book with multiple worksheets. And write each worksheet into a new excel file using perl. My environment is Unix. For example: I have an excel workbook TEST.xls and it has Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 worksheets. I would like to create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add multiple .csv files as sheets to an excel file in unix.

Hi, I am using Solaris 8. My script outputs 4 .csv files. Currently I am SFTPing the files and creating a new excel file with the 4 files as sheets. Can anyone suggest ways to do this in UNIX ? Thanks, David. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple excel files processing on unix

Hi all, I am faced with a rather unusual problem regarding interaction between NT and UNIX. I am using an ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tool on unix that has the capability to read .xls files. So, when I FTP an excel (.xls) file from a windows server to unix and attempt to read it with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ucode_2482
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help Question about Excel Files and Unix

Hello I have an excel file , it has 4 tabs , each having specific details for example it has a customer tab , it has a payments tab and it has an address tab Question is How do I seperate each of these tabs and load them into 3 different excel files Using Unix That is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnab1978
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Differentiate between MS Word and Excel files in Unix

Hi, I want to differentiate between a MS Word and Excel file in Unix (not by extension). The condition which we are currently checking for is the pattern "\320\317\021\340" within first 40 bytes of the file. However this format is same in all MS Office files. Can somebody tell me any special... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatak_rajan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting specific Excel file tabs to CSV in Python

Hi list, This is probably something really simple, but I am not particularly familiar with Python so I thought I would ask as I know that python has an excel module. I have an excel document with multiple tabs of data and graphs. One of the tabs is just data which I require to have dumped to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies
MACUTIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)