Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 1Gb+ memory problem
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat 1Gb+ memory problem Post 302336211 by nitin on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 02:03:20 PM
Old 07-21-2009
That is a bit strange. I can think of couple of things, first run memtest on both the configuration you mentioned, and compare results.
Check out memtest86.com. Even Ubuntu/Xubuntu boot DVD's can do that run memory test.

Second, check with your hardware vendor.

Would be nice to hear back about your memtest results. Smilie

-Nitin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Intel P4 2.8ghz 1gb 800mhz RamBus

CPU: Intel P4 2.8ghz 512kb cache - 5505.02 BogoMIPS Ram: 1gb 800mhz RamBus Mobo: Intel 440 Disk: 2/maxtor 80gb 1/segate 40gb 1/maxtor 15gb - all ReiserFS Kernel: 2.6.4-rc1-mm1 self-compile Distro: Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r5 Load: vmware/mysql/apache2/mydns/kylix3 was compiling/zde/buncha normal... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidacro
0 Replies

2. Programming

how to round up a memory address(memory alignment problem)

Hi, I try to marshal a unsigned int and a char * into a buffer, and then unmarshal them later to get them out. I need to put the char * in the front and unsigned int at the end of the buffer. However, my system always give me "BUS ERROR". I am using Sun Sparcs Sloris 2.10. My code to marshal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ZIP file with 1GB or more

Hi, I have to do a search on a zip files whose sizes vary from 1GB to 1.5GB. I dont want to unzip it since if it goes beyond 2GB....... also will unzip -p filename | grep create any problems, will it unzip the whole file or will it unzip it piece by piece?? I appreciate your inputs... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can create a directory with 1GB size?

How can create a directory with 1GB size? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have problem transfer large file bigger 1GB

Hi folks, I have a big problem.... and need help from your experience/knowledge. I previously install and use FREEBSD 7.0 release on my storage/backup file server, for some reason, I can not transfer any files that is bigger than 1GB. If I transfer it to Freebsd file server, the system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdme2
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

1gb full duplex cannot be set to auto-nego off?

Hi all, I've changed eth0 to (#ethtool eth0): Speed: 1000Mb/s Duplex: Full Port: Twisted Pair PHYAD: 1 Transceiver: internal Auto-negotiation: on and (#cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth): ETHTOOL_OPTS="autoneg off speed 1000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faraaris
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find files which are older than 30 days and greater than 1GB

Hi All, I know the separate commands for finding files greater than 30 days and finding files greater than 1GB. How do I combine these two commands? Meaning how do I find files which are > 1GB and older than 30 days? ;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff on 1gb files

Hey Guys, I have a scenario to compare two different files which are of size 1gb each. I need to get the uncommon lines. I planned to use sdiff command, which generally works perfect for me. But in this case am facing a error saying "diff: memory exhausted" Can anyone please explain this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script that creates a 1GB file with zeros using dd

I am new to Linux. Using latest version of Ubuntu. I want to make a script that creates a 1GB file filled with zeros using dd and then formats the file as vfat with a label of "MYFILE". If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paviter619
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script that creates a 1GB file with zeros using dd

I am new to Linux. Using latest version of Ubuntu. I want to make a script that creates a 1GB file filled with zeros using dd and then formats the file as vfat with a label of "MYFILE". If anyone can help me it would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amandasaza08
1 Replies
Dpkg::Vendor(3) 						   libdpkg-perl 						   Dpkg::Vendor(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Vendor - get access to some vendor specific information DESCRIPTION
The files in /etc/dpkg/origins/ can provide information about various vendors who are providing Debian packages. Currently those files look like this: Vendor: Debian Vendor-URL: http://www.debian.org/ Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org If the vendor derives from another vendor, the file should document the relationship by listing the base distribution in the Parent field: Parent: Debian The file should be named according to the vendor name. FUNCTIONS
$fields = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_info($name) Returns a Dpkg::Control object with the information parsed from the corresponding vendor file in /etc/dpkg/origins/. If $name is omitted, it will use /etc/dpkg/origins/default which is supposed to be a symlink to the vendor of the currently installed operating system. Returns undef if there's no file for the given vendor. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_file($name) Check if there's a file for the given vendor and returns its name. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_current_vendor() Returns the name of the current vendor. If DEB_VENDOR is set, it uses that first, otherwise it falls back to parsing /etc/dpkg/origins/default. If that file doesn't exist, it returns undef. $object = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_object($name) Return the Dpkg::Vendor::* object of the corresponding vendor. If $name is omitted, return the object of the current vendor. If no vendor can be identified, then return the Dpkg::Vendor::Default object. Dpkg::Vendor::run_vendor_hook($hookid, @params) Run a hook implemented by the current vendor object. 1.16.15 2014-06-05 Dpkg::Vendor(3)