Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash ps; remove the header, sort and reinsert Post 302336210 by cjosephson on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 02:01:28 PM
Old 07-21-2009
Why does removing the -n option do that? Does the -n option change all values in a column to a number or something?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a header to a sort file instruction

Hello, I have a header which I have to add to a sorted file, however if I use cat header sortedfile > newfile, the operation takes 2 minutes as the sorted file is over 400mb. I have noticed that when I sort the 400mb unsorted file, this only takes 14 seconds to create the output. As... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clarcombe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix sort according to a header line

Hi, I have a file with a header line, followed by some contents. How can I sort the file according to header lines? eg. /* abcd_005*/ a bc /* abcd_001*/ d e /* abcd_002*/ x y desired output: /*abcd_001*/ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.0412
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sort with header

Hi, Please help with this problem. Somehow does not work for me. test.txt CHR SNP BP A1 C_A C_U A2 CHISQ P OR 19 rs10401969 19268718 C 222 890 T 0.03462 0.8524 0.9857 1 rs10873889 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a report file having header and footer

I am having report file with header and footer . The details in between header and footer are separated by a pipe charater. I want to sort the file by considering multiple columns in between header and footer. pls help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort a tab file with header.

How to sort a tab delimited file first on col1 and then on col2. Also I need to keep the header intact. file.txt val1 val2 val3 val4 a b c d m n o p e f g h i j k l ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - remove duplicates without sort

I need to use bash to remove duplicates without using sort first. I can not use: cat file | sort | uniq But when I use only cat file | uniq some duplicates are not removed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort a las file keep the header as it is

I have several las files with a header and each file start Version and text and before the data starts end up with ~Ascii, then the numbers starts: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Code: ~Version .....text.... ~Ascii 2 abc 230 1 name 1 abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tk2000
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort a las file keep the header as it is

I have several las files with a header and each file start Version and text and before the data starts end up with ~Ascii, then the numbers starts: ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~Version .....text.... ~Ascii 2 abc 230 1 name 1 abc 400 1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk2000
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Split file with header and custom name

Hi, I am using SUN SOLARIS (SunOS sun4v sparc SUNW, T5240). I have a huge data file with header and trailer. This file gets used into an ETL process. ETL skips the header record (which is the first record of the file) and loads the rest of the record. The file can be delimited (comma,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort without Header and Trailer

Hi , My UNIX system is SUN Solaris. I am trying to do a simple thing as described below. I have a PIPE delimited file that has header and trailer. So the file is something like below: Test1.txt looks like something below: field_data1|field_data2|and some more data --Header ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies
VGA(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    VGA(8)

NAME
vga - configure a VGA card SYNOPSIS
aux/vga [ -cdilmpv ] [ mode ] DESCRIPTION
Aux/vga configures a VGA controller for various display sizes and depths. Using the monitor type specified in /env/monitor (default vga) and the mode given as argument (default 640x480x1), aux/vga uses the database of known VGA controllers and monitors in /lib/vgadb (see vgadb(6)) to configure the display via the devices provided by vga(3). The options are: -c force the use of the software cursor even if the VGA card is capable of using a hardware graphics cursor. -d include the color palette in whatever actions are performed, usually printing the contents. -i when used with -p display the register values that will be loaded. -l load the desired mode. -mmonitor override the /env/monitor value. /env/monitor is usually set by including it in the plan9.ini file read by the PC boot program b.com(8). -p print the current or expected register values at appropriate points depending on other options. -v print a trace of the functions called. Mode is of the form XxYxZ , where X, Y, and Z are numbers specifying the display height, width, and depth respectively. The mode must appear in /lib/vgadb as a value for one of the monitor entries. The usual modes are 640x480x[18], 800x600x[18], 1024x768x[18][i], 1280x1024x[18][i], 1376x1024x8, and 1600x1200x8. A trailing indicates interlaced operation. EXAMPLES
Change the display resolution: aux/vga -l 1600x1200x8 Print the current VGA controller registers. It is usually best to redirect the output of a -p command to a file to prevent confusion caused by using the VGA controller while trying to dump its state: aux/vga -p>/tmp/x Force the VGA controller to a known state: aux/vga -m vga -l Print the current VGA controller state and what would be loaded into it for a new resolution, but don't do the load: aux/vga -ip 1376x1024x8>/tmp/x FILES
/env/monitor display type (default vga). /lib/vgadb VGA configuration file. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/aux/vga SEE ALSO
vga(3), vgadb(6), b.com(8) BUGS
Aux/vga makes every effort possible to verify that the mode it is about to load is valid and will bail out with an error message before setting any registers if it encounters a problem. However, things can go wrong, especially when playing with a new VGA controller or moni- tor setting. It is useful in such cases to have the above command for setting the controller to a known state at your fingertips. VGA(8)