Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Multiple site / multiple transfers Post 302336203 by uxlunatick on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 01:48:29 PM
Old 07-21-2009
Multiple site / multiple transfers

I need to revise a transfer process. I have 11 "remote" servers all transfering 1 transfer file nightly. Now, this need to be more "automatic" in that the transfers need to "catch" all missed transfers up to the current date.

What can anyone suggest?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking File record equal to multiple of 70 or nearest number to multiple of 70

Hello, I have a file with below content - Example 3 6 69 139 210 345 395 418 490 492 I would like the result as - Multiple of 70 or nearest number in the file less than the multiple of 70 69 139 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parser behaving strange on replacing multiple words in multiple files

I have 4000 files like $cat clus_grp_seq10_g.phy 18 1002 anig_OJJ65951_1 ATGGTTTCGCAGCGTGATAGAGAATTGTTTAGGGATGATATTCGCTCGCGAGGAACGAAGCTCAATGCTGCCGAGCGCGAGAGTCTGCTAAGGCCATATCTGCCAGATCCGTCTGACCTTCCACGCAGGCCACTTCAGCGGCGCAAGAAGGTTCCTCG aver_OOF92921_1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
TFTP(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TFTP(1)

NAME
tftp -- trivial file transfer program SYNOPSIS
tftp [host] DESCRIPTION
Tftp is the user interface to the Internet TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol), which allows users to transfer files to and from a remote machine. The remote host may be specified on the command line, in which case tftp uses host as the default host for future transfers (see the connect command below). COMMANDS
Once tftp is running, it issues the prompt and recognizes the following commands: ? command-name ... Print help information. ascii Shorthand for "mode ascii" binary Shorthand for "mode binary" connect host-name [port] Set the host (and optionally port) for transfers. Note that the TFTP protocol, unlike the FTP protocol, does not maintain connec- tions betwen transfers; thus, the connect command does not actually create a connection, but merely remembers what host is to be used for transfers. You do not have to use the connect command; the remote host can be specified as part of the get or put com- mands. get filename get remotename localname get file1 file2 ... fileN Get a file or set of files from the specified sources. Source can be in one of two forms: a filename on the remote host, if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form hosts:filename to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the last hostname specified becomes the default for future transfers. mode transfer-mode Set the mode for transfers; transfer-mode may be one of ascii or binary. The default is ascii. put file put localfile remotefile put file1 file2 ... fileN remote-directory Put a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory. The destination can be in one of two forms: a filename on the remote host, if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form hosts:filename to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the hostname specified becomes the default for future transfers. If the remote-direc- tory form is used, the remote host is assumed to be a UNIX machine. quit Exit tftp. An end of file also exits. rexmt retransmission-timeout Set the per-packet retransmission timeout, in seconds. status Show current status. timeout total-transmission-timeout Set the total transmission timeout, in seconds. trace Toggle packet tracing. verbose Toggle verbose mode. BUGS
Because there is no user-login or validation within the TFTP protocol, the remote site will probably have some sort of file-access restric- tions in place. The exact methods are specific to each site and therefore difficult to document here. HISTORY
The tftp command appeared in 4.3BSD. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)