Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell script result to file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script result to file Post 302336199 by s_linux on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 01:55:20 PM
Old 07-21-2009
Thanks for the quick reply.

mailx -s "SUBJECT" uname@companyname << !END_OF_MSG

`cat Result`

!END_OF_MSG

when i try this, I got `cat Result` in the mail eventhough there is file.

I tried this...

cat Result mailx -s "SUBJECT" uname@companyname << !END_OF_MSG

then i dont see anything in the mail. but when i ran just out side the script, it works fine.

Any idea. Thanks

---------- Post updated at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:23 AM ----------

it works fine. I think it was my mistake.

to make it just look good in the email, i want to have as it is in the file (one result in one line). But in the email I see all line are combined. Can we do it seperate line in the email. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could any one tell me how to do get result in fraction in shell script

Could any one tell me how to do get result in fraction in shell script. I am using expr for division of 2 number but it is giving Quitent. I need it in full fraction value. please helpp. how to do it using "dc" or "bc" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neerajjaiswal
5 Replies

2. AIX

The shell script is not returning proper result

Can anybody pls look into this script and tell me where I went wrong. After running this script, it is showing like "Trying to overlay current working directory ABORT!!!" :-( ARGCNT=$# if then echo "Two parameters are needed for this shell " echo "Please try again with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clnsharma123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get result from database into shell script

hi, I have a script that will logon to a database siebel and do the select query and then get the result in command prompt of unix.Below the script. #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties #set -x while read i do echo $i connect1=`sqlplus -silent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get and process mysql result set in shell script

Hi All, I am in a problem here is the description, Actually in my shell script i am firing a mysql query which returns multiple records and i have to process each record one by one. So could any one please suggest me how to solve my problem? Thanks in Advance Ashok Sharma (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok1979
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

A function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fw0037
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

a function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A function in shell script,how can i get the right result

there is a directory /data/users/osa/psidp/dmp/files/cimdir ,it have some subdirectories ,and also the subdirectoriy have it's subdirectoriis. I want to get all the leaf nodes of the directory path . but the result of the script is wrong ,how can i get the right result somebody who can help me... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - unexpected result

I hv a file --am executing a script which is giving me unexpected results COntents of file: f1 CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX: CMT_AP1:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX f1.tmp CMT_AP1_CONT:/opt/sybase/syboc125:150:ASE12_5::Y:UX:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekar.y
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing the result of a program as a shell script

I have a program that returns a shell script and I want to execute the script. I'll use cat in my simple example, but wget is an example that is feasible. $ # First setup a script $ echo "ls > df" > simple $ # "cat simple" is now a program that returns a script $ cat simple ls df $ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopite
3 Replies

10. Programming

Query result from shell script

Hi, I wrote the below script to get the query result from a Syabase DB. isql -s -U **** -P **** SYBASE SERVERNAME USE ***(Database name in Sybase) @command.sql But im not getting the output. Can anyone help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan G
2 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)