Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extracting part of a text file Post 302336172 by zaxxon on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 11:26:13 AM
Old 07-21-2009
Besides adding code tags moving it to shell scripting area - nothing AIX particular in here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a line in a text file

If my file looks like this…. 10 20 30 and I want to take each line individually and put it in a variable so it can be read later in it's on individual test statement, how can I do that? I guess what I'm asking is how can I extract each line individually. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: terryporter51
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific text from a file

Dear All, I have to extract a a few lines from a log file and I know the starting String and end string(WHich is same ). Is there any simplere way using sed - awk. e.g. from the following file -------------------------------------- Some text Date: 21 Oct 2008 Text to be extracted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a part of XML File

Hi Guys, I have a very large XML feed (2.7 MB) which crashes the server at the time of parsing. Now to reduce the load on the server I have a cron job running every 5 min.'s. This job will get the file from the feed host and keep it in the local machine. This does not solve the problem as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shridhard
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting text and reusing the text to rename file

Hi, I have some ps files where I want to ectract/copy a certain number from and use that number to rename the ps file. eg: 'file.ps' contains following text: 14 (09 01 932688 0)t the text can be variable, the only fixed element is the '14 ('. The problem is that the fixed element can appear... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnDS
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting the last column of a text file

I would like to extract the last column of a text file but different rows of the text file have different numbers of columns. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help extracting text from file

Hello I have a large file with lines beginning with 552, 553, 554, below is a small sample, I need to extract the data you can see below highlighted in bold from this file on the same location on every line and output it to a new file. Thank you in advance for any help 55201KL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the column containing URL from a text file

I have the file like this: Timestamp URL Text 1331635241000 http://example.com Peoples footage at www.test.com,http://example4.com 1331635231000 http://example1.net crack the nuts http://example6.com 1331635280000 http://example2.net ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting and copying text from one file to another

Helooo, So I have a .fasta file (a text file with sequence data) which looks like this, with just over 3 million lines of data. >TCONS_00000001 gene=XLOC_000001 AATTGTGGTGAAATGACTTCTGTTAACGGAGACATCGATGATTGTTGTTACTATTTGTTCTCAGGATTCA... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4galaxy7
8 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)