Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting variables not assigning in a function Post 302336154 by mac4rfree on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 10:41:02 AM
Old 07-21-2009
thanks. tat solved the problem..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning nawk output to variables

I do a lot of command line scripting to capture data from files or other command output. I've checked in a number of Unix and scripting books but for the life of me I can't find out how to asign field data from nawk output into variables that I can manipulate later. For example, reading a two... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveje0711
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem assigning variables to arrays

Hi All, I have a problem assigning variables to script.I have a script in which i have a while loop now i have to assign some values obtained to an array which will be used later in the script.Can anyone help how to do that. At present my scrot looks like: co=0 pco=0 co=`cat /tmp/highcpu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assigning variables to their defaults

Hi, Is there any way to assign defaults values to the shell variables without reassigning them ( restarting the session) for example after login the value of ORACLE_HOME=/a/b/c i have changed this value from the console export ORACLE_HOME=/c/d now what if i want the value exported to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning variables using awk

Hi, I am having a line which is separated by - I need to extract each field and put into some variable. a=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $1}' ` b=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $2}' ` c=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $3}' ` d=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading and assigning variables

Hi Gurus, I have a file named log with 2 lines Each line is a file name. eg $ cat log monday tuesday I need to read log and assign each output(filename) to a different variable. The following doesn't work:- while read A B do echo " a is ${A} " echo " b is ${B} " done <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisdom
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning two variables in bourne shell

there are two variables from a select query and these two variables has to assign in a update query . the two variables are two fields. How to assign without splitting by awk? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: razen
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Variables

Hi, Can the below be clarified please. i just want to know what is the difference between the two ways of assigning variables as mentioned below. export SRC_TBL=${SRC_TBL-"MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG"} export SRC_TBL="MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG" thanks in advance :) Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble Assigning Variable with Function

OSX 10.9 Good morning/afternoon/evening. I'm hoping to get some insight on assigning a variable when calling a function. The code below looks at my array and checks if the path exists. My actual code will have multiple arrays and I would like to define a specific array when I call the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
6 Replies
slagts.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slagts.f(3)

NAME
slagts.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slagts (JOB, N, A, B, C, D, IN, Y, TOL, INFO) SLAGTS solves the system of equations (T-I)x = y or (T-I)Tx = y,where T is a general tridiagonal matrix and a scalar, using the LU factorization computed by slagtf. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slagts (integerJOB, integerN, real, dimension( * )A, real, dimension( * )B, real, dimension( * )C, real, dimension( * )D, integer, dimension( * )IN, real, dimension( * )Y, realTOL, integerINFO) SLAGTS solves the system of equations (T-I)x = y or (T-I)Tx = y,where T is a general tridiagonal matrix and a scalar, using the LU factorization computed by slagtf. Purpose: SLAGTS may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)**T*x = y, where T is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, for x, following the factorization of (T - lambda*I) as (T - lambda*I) = P*L*U , by routine SLAGTF. The choice of equation to be solved is controlled by the argument JOB, and in each case there is an option to perturb zero or very small diagonal elements of U, this option being intended for use in applications such as inverse iteration. Parameters: JOB JOB is INTEGER Specifies the job to be performed by SLAGTS as follows: = 1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. = 2: The equations (T - lambda*I)**Tx = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -2: The equations (T - lambda*I)**Tx = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix T. A A is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, A must contain the diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. B B is REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, B must contain the first super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. C C is REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, C must contain the sub-diagonal elements of L as returned from SLAGTF. D D is REAL array, dimension (N-2) On entry, D must contain the second super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. IN IN is INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, IN must contain details of the matrix P as returned from SLAGTF. Y Y is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, the right hand side vector y. On exit, Y is overwritten by the solution vector x. TOL TOL is REAL On entry, with JOB .lt. 0, TOL should be the minimum perturbation to be made to very small diagonal elements of U. TOL should normally be chosen as about eps*norm(U), where eps is the relative machine precision, but if TOL is supplied as non-positive, then it is reset to eps*max( abs( u(i,j) ) ). If JOB .gt. 0 then TOL is not referenced. On exit, TOL is changed as described above, only if TOL is non-positive on entry. Otherwise TOL is unchanged. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0 : successful exit .lt. 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value .gt. 0: overflow would occur when computing the INFO(th) element of the solution vector x. This can only occur when JOB is supplied as positive and either means that a diagonal element of U is very small, or that the elements of the right-hand side vector y are very large. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 162 of file slagts.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 slagts.f(3)