Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications How to create PDF documents from my word files? Post 302336024 by sysgate on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 04:28:22 AM
Old 07-21-2009
There are some programming examples on how to do it via CLI, with installing a python script - here it is.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

convert pdf's to word

Does anyone know any good tools to convert a pdf to word, I can usually cut & paste without a hitch but I have a pdf that doesn't like that and surrounds text with lines as though a table or prints tables in miniscule text. It's only one pdf file so I'm reluctant to buy a product. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting LATEX PDF to WORD document

Hi there, is it possible to convert pdf files to Word with some free :p software or with some trick??? Now I'm working with LATEX and I can get pdf format but I would like to get .rtf or .doc files too:rolleyes:. Lately I found something like that, but it wasn't free. Thanks for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

3. SCO

Create a PDF file

Currently own an SCO OpenServer 6 system. Will like to know how to convert files printed to PDF so they can be sent to customers via e-mail. Ex. account statements. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
4 Replies

4. Linux

How to search in ms word files and pdf's

Hi, Please let me know if there is a unix command or any shell script which can do a search for a text in ms-word files, pdf'd and in excel files. Please let me know if there is a solution for this challenge. Thanks, Kesava. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kesava
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Word doc to pdf conversion?

I am trying to find a way to convert a Word doc saved in the XML format to a PDF file (that looks like the original Word doc). Yes, there are all kinds of ways to do this interactively. What I need is something that can be run as a background process so that when XML files are placed in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garzon
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create or convert to pdf files from csv files using shell script?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to convert a .csv file to a .pdf file using shell script Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)