Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you think of the Oracle-Sun deal? Post 302336009 by sparcguy on Tuesday 21st of July 2009 03:43:15 AM
Old 07-21-2009
I don't want to believe it myself but sun has really lost a lot of market share, it used to be in the 90's one could see sun installations everywhere, today many sites already ported over to HP or IBM or switched to wintel or worse vm servers. VM servers will the nail in the coffin that will doom sys admins everywhere. But anyway I'm seeling less of sun than I used to. I'm thinking sun is very lucky they acquired mysql recently.

Mysql is built like oracle, a lot of commands in mysql resemble oracle. Why would oracle want to continue to distribute mysql for free and lose their own market share? Doesn't make any sense I got a feeling one of the reasons why oracle buys sun is to kill mysql later on.

Session::Oracle(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Session::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Oracle(3)