Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with state database
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with state database Post 302335922 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 20th of July 2009 06:52:31 PM
Old 07-20-2009
Might be worth posting that as a new question so VMWare expert sees it...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with Database backup

Hi! This is my first post and im not that familiar with UNIX but I'll try to explain my problem.. I have a server here at work running Open UNIX Release 8.0.0 It has a special application on it that I'm trying to run a database backup on. For the last 2 weeks this has failed.. Usually the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TaZ
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab Database Problem

Hi, I'm trying to run one shell scrip from crontab.That scrip is connecting with sybase database with isql statement. But when that scrip is going to run using crontab, it is showing following error : CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipakjoshi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem trying to access a database

hi guys, I am using the following code in order to access a database. #!/usr/bin/perl print "READ DATA FROM DATABASE\n"; use DBI; use strict; #use DBD::Oracle; my $user='reassure'; my $pass='R3Assur3'; #my $dsn="dbi:Oracle:orcl"; my $dsn='dbi:Oracle:cobscs.world'; my $dbh =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with backup and copy a database

Hi, I have many servers distributed on my customer locations all servers has MYSQL database. I want to backup database for each server on server at my location using scheduler. So I create Shell script file to backup and copy the database file from customer server to my server as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amsbas
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem relocating to another state with Shutdown

How are you, good afternoon, I do not speak and I do not write in English, and I'm iniciandome in unix / linux on my own, I am using the google translator, my question is this, know what are the shutdown command to change user State: # shutdown -y -g0 -i0 (completely off my system) # shutdown... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrincipianteZ
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Alert for Database Problem

Hi all, I new to scripting and i need to know how to put the script when the capture goes down in the feeds database.. I tried with this "ps -ef | grep asn" command and it displaying the capture,apply time. But the alert we are receving now is replication is failed . So i need to develop the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.nanthagopal
1 Replies

7. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a script for checking the state of a process

Hello Everyone, I have a process that should be always running. Unfortunately, this process is getting down almost every 10 minutes. I want to make a script that verify the state of this process: If the process is up, the script shouldn't do nothing and if it's down he should run it. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies
KITSEND(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)