Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX /opt will not unmount to extendfs Post 302335755 by joettacm on Monday 20th of July 2009 10:26:53 AM
Old 07-20-2009
Thanks. Yes, we did have to go to single user mode for the /opt file system extension. But, we got it done and all went well. thanks again.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opt

how can i make more space in my /opt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. AIX

how do i unmount ?

hi all, I am new to AIX as well as UNIX also ,i have a question One of my program has created a new filesystem on the system..... df shows : /dev/fslv04 2031616 2030648 1% 3 1% /replicas/source when i tried to umount the above filesystem by umount... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshi_k
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

/opt/langtools

hi@all, I have a problem during compilation of c code with gcc. The linker always tries to link against /opt/langtools/lib/libcomp.sl, but I don't have installed this library. Can someone say me, where I can get the langtools? thx!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dom_Cyrus
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Opt out selection

Maybe I'm missing something but when I go to CP->Options, I see the box for selecting which forum to opt out of but no way to set it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drhowarddrfine
5 Replies

5. Linux

Opt out of selection menu?

When I logon to my server with PuTTY I am forced into a selection menu with few options. How to I opt out of this menu to get to the home directory to view all of the files on the server? Thanks for the help. :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksirimarco
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Growing /opt

Hi, /opt on my disk is almost 90%. I thought of growing it. I followed the below procedure: 1. added a new hard disk 2. formatted the same with ufs 3. created a slice and tried to label it as "opt" with "wm" permissions. but got stuck at 3 as it is not allowing me to label the slice... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unmount the partition

Dear all, I have a two hard drive.On the second (/dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2) hard drive i have two partitions. The /dev/sdb2 has been mounted on the /home2 directory.I want to unmount that /dev/sdb2.I have no idea to how to do it.Can anybody give me the details about that?. Regards, Prakashkumar.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Change Toolbar to Opt In?

Hey! I'm thinking we should change the toolbar to "opt in" and have it off for members by default? But then, the would not have toolbar access to the code tag videos, etc. so then I thought to make it "opt in" after say 30 posts. That way, the toolbar will show to all new users with less... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies
t_rcvudata(3xti)														  t_rcvudata(3xti)

Name
       t_rcvudata - receive a data unit

Syntax
       #include <xti.h>

int t_rcvudata(fd, unitdata, flags)
       int fd;
       struct t_unitdata *unitdata;
       int *flags:

Arguments
       fd	 Identifies the local transport endpoint through which data is received.

unitdata  Holds	information  associated with the received data unit. The unitdata argument points to a t_unitdata structure containing the
		 following members:
		 struct netbuf addr;
		 struct netbuf opt;
		 struct netbuf udata

On return from this call, the members have the following meanings:

addr	     Specifies the protocol address of the sending unit.

opt	     Identifies protocol-specific options that were associated with this data unit.

udata	     Specifies the user data that was received.

flags	     Set on return to indicate that the complete data unit was not received.

Description
       This function is used in connectionless mode to receive a data unit from another transport user.

By default, operates in synchronous mode waits for a data unit to arrive if none is currently available. However, if O_NONBLOCK is  set	by
       means of or udata executes in asynchronous mode and fails if no data units are available.

The maxlen field of addr, opt, and udata must be set before issuing this function to indicate the maximum size of the buffer for each.

If the buffer defined in the udata field of unitdata is not large enough to hold the current data unit, the buffer fills and T_MORE sets in
       flags on return to indicate that another should be issued to retrieve the rest of the data unit.  Subsequent  calls  return  zero  for  the
       length of the address and options until the full data unit has been received.

--------------------------------------------------
       Parameters		Before Call   After Call
       fd			x	      /
       unitdata->addr.maxlen	x	      /
       unitdata->addr.len	/	      x
       unitdata->addr.buf	x	      (x)
       unitdata->opt.maxlen	x	      /
       unitdata->opt.len	/	      x
       unitdata->opt.buf	x	      (x)
       unitdata->udata.maxlen	x	      /
       unitdata->udata.len	/	      x
       unitdata->udata.buf	x	      (x)
       flags			/	      x

Return Values
       Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. On failure,  a value of -1 is returned, and t_errno is set to indicate the error.

Diagnostics
       On failure, t_errno is set to one of the following:

[TBADF]		   The specified file descriptor does not refer to a transport endpoint.

[TOUTSTATE]	   The function was issued in the wrong sequence on the transport endpoint referenced by fd.

[TNODATA]	   O_NONBLOCK was set, but no data units are currently available from the transport provider.

[TBUFOVFLW]	   The	number of bytes allocated for the incoming protocol address or options is not sufficient to store the information.
			   The unit data information to be returned in unitdata is discarded.

[TLOOK]		   An asynchronous event has occurred on the transport endpoint and requires immediate attention.

[TNOTSUPPORT]	   This function is not supported by the underlying transport provider.

[TSYSERR]	   A system error has occurred during execution of this function.

See Also
       fcntl(2), t_alloc(3xti), t_open(3xti), t_rcvuderr(3xti), t_sndudata(3xti)

t_rcvudata(3xti)