Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming swing not getting initialized when the DISPLAY is not set Post 302335639 by shafi2all on Monday 20th of July 2009 06:23:55 AM
Old 07-20-2009
Error

I need it urgently the solution... Any ideas over this folks?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set display

Hi All: An elementary Unix Question, How can i set the display number and run a program in that display. If i type the name of the executable the program opens in the console(display number 0), however, i want it to open in another display number. How can i do that. Appreciate the help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetham
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 6.0 , display not set despite

hi, i am on mandrake 6.0, shell of root user is bash. okay, i did the below #display=localhost.localdomain:0.0 #export display #xhost +localhost.localdomain system replies xhost added.. i did a set and there was an entry there.. now i want to install oracle, so did a ./runInstaller ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't make 'set DISPLAY' to work

Hi, I used exceed and putty in the past to HP server with no problem to make 'set DISPLAY' work on my desktop. However now I have Solaris 9 on Sun server 480 and I only have putty. I can't bring the X window (eg xclock, etc) to my desktop. I tried X11Fowarding, xhost, and so on, it doesn't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jr_zhang
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if export DISPLAY is set or not?

Hi All, I use "export DISPLAY=same_host:0.0" to set my export DISPLAY and it is working fine for me.. Problem here is I have developed a script for which i should run export DISPLAY prior to running my script.... so my script should check whether export DISPLAY is set or not.. if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.zshrc not initialized

Hi, I just updated /etc/passwd so that my default shell is zsh. After I save and make a new connection I can echo $SHELL and see /usr/bin/zsh, but my prompt still looks like bash and some env var that I setup in my local .zshrc file are not set. If I type zsh, then my prompt changes and I have my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yankee428
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Set display to text

How do I set up my solaris 10 machine to display in text mode instead of graphics mode, permanently? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Where/how is $DISPLAY set when connecting with XDMCP?

My "problem" is that it's set correctly and I want to break it, but can't figure out where it's getting set in the first place. I can see several places where $DISPLAY is referenced but at the point that the dollar sign is in front it's already an environment variable(I think). I thought... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to automatically set the DISPLAY var?

Hi all, Our users use Putty on Windows servers to log on to UNIX via SSH and run GUI applications. Is there a way to automatically get the display numbers from xming or Exceed (that are running on Windows) to set the DISPLAY var properly on UNIX? X11 forwarding is not an option. The closest I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
3 Replies

9. Solaris

DISPLAY not set

Hi, When i invoke DBCA as oracle user , i get following usircd01:KAM:/opt/oracle10/product/10.2.0/bin>./dbca DISPLAY not set. Set DISPLAY environment variable, then re-run. usircd01:KAM:/opt/oracle10/product/10.2.0/bin>echo $ORACLE_SID CCE ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies
ZPTRFS(l)								 )								 ZPTRFS(l)

NAME
ZPTRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE ZPTRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, RWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS DOUBLE PRECISION BERR( * ), D( * ), DF( * ), FERR( * ), RWORK( * ) COMPLEX*16 B( LDB, * ), E( * ), EF( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
ZPTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is Hermitian positive definite and tridi- agonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 Specifies whether the superdiagonal or the subdiagonal of the tridiagonal matrix A is stored and the form of the factorization: = 'U': E is the superdiagonal of A, and A = U**H*D*U; = 'L': E is the subdiagonal of A, and A = L*D*L**H. (The two forms are equivalent if A is real.) N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. D (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The n real diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A (see UPLO). DF (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the factorization computed by ZPTTRF. EF (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) off-diagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor U or L from the factorization computed by ZPTTRF (see UPLO). B (input) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by ZPTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) COMPLEX*16 array, dimension (N) RWORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 ZPTRFS(l)