Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to parse this file in unix Post 302335603 by kshji on Monday 20th of July 2009 04:56:07 AM
Old 07-20-2009
When you have Detail line, previous record end => print variables.
After last record you have not Detail line, so after everything END block you must print last record variables.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Unix Mail

Hi, This is my first thread on this forum. I have an urgent requirement where I have to write a shell script to - scan through the mails one by one, - pick up the time when that mail is received, - parse through the contents of that mail and pick up relevant information and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: its-ashish
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse the file

# Start "ABC" SFFd 0 4 Time SFFT 4 8 {Sec} User SFFTimeVal 12 8 {Sec} # Start "CP" SFFT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsharan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to parse the contents of comma-separated file

Dear All, I have a comma-separated file. 1. The first line of the file(header) should have 4 commas(5 fields). 2. The last line of the file should have 1 comma(2 fields). Pls help me in checking this condition in a shell script. And the number of lines between the first line and last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a Unix Script to parse xml file

Hi All, My requirement is create an unix script to parse the xml file and display the values of the Elements/value between the tags on console. Like say, I would like to fetch the value of errorCode from the below xml which is 'U007' and display it. Can we use SED command for this? I have tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anil.Wmg
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to parse a CSV

I am writing a unix script that will parse a CSV and edit the values. My CSV looks like this 0,0,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0 10,11,7,0,4,12,2,3,7,0,11,3,12,4,0,5,5,4,5,0,8,6,12,0,9,3,3,0,2,7,8... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJ17
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i parse my Unix log files??

Hello, i would like to parse Unix log files and i would like to use a Unix syslog analyzer. I'm going to use Eucalyptus and i would like to parse its log files. Is there any open source/free syslog parser?? Thanks, in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file

FILE1 2917,065A,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,05E:0_10E:0,BL_lmwsp02,0345,xxx,3452(DR) 2917,03EA,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0455,xxx,3ee4(DR) 2917,03EB,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0345,xxx,2d34(DR)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a file?

Hi guys I have a very long file which looks like this: y893 89:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y895 90:send prctmgr exit 106:bas_services_dwn -------------------------------------------------- y897 90:send prctmgr exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies
PX_PUT_RECORDN(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PX_PUT_RECORDN(3)

NAME
PX_put_recordn -- Stores record in Paradox file at certain position SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> int PX_put_recordn(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, char *data, int recpos) DESCRIPTION
Stores a record in the buffer data into a Paradox file at the given position recpos. The first position has number 0. The function will determine the data block for this record. If the position is after the last data block, then as many as needed empty data blocks will be added. If the position is in the middle of a data block and there is no record right before the position, then the position will be recal- culated to make sure the new record will be stored in the first free slot of the datablock. For example, if a datablock contains H records and the first call of PX_put_recordn wants to store a record at postion 11, then this will be corrected to position H. PX_put_recordn will also add an empty data block and store the record as the first record of the second data block. Storing a second record at position 11 again, will be executed without any position change. data must be constructed with PX_put_data_xxx(3) functions before. It is of the same structure as the record returned by PX_get_record(3) and PX_get_record2(3). RETURN VALUE
Returns the record position on success and -1 on failure. The first position has number 0. SEE ALSO
PX_get_record(3), PX_get_record2(3), PX_put_record(3), PX_put_data_byte(3), PX_put_data_short(3), PX_put_data_long(3), PX_put_data_dou- ble(3), PX_put_data_alpha(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_PUT_RECORDN(3)