Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Saving value as default value Post 302335579 by vino on Monday 20th of July 2009 04:09:40 AM
Old 07-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moumou
What I would like to do is that if he wants, the users can keep the values he chose as new default values.
WIth stg like a question : "Do you want to keep those values as default? [Y/N]"

And the problem is that I have no idea how to do that....
Are you stuck on how to accept the user's option or how to save the default parameters per user ?

To accept the user's option see one of these
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...ser-input.html
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ser-input.html

If you are wondering how to save the parameters, then accept the params for the first time and then dump them onto a file with <key,value> pair like
RUN_ALGO=YES
TRANSFORM=NO et al.
Later, in the next run, look for this file and read the entries.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving to a floppy

How do I save a file to a floppy. I mounted the drive and it is there. Everytime I try to save to the floppy, it tells me the resource is busy. Please advise. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umether
1 Replies

2. Solaris

disable daylight saving

hi ... i have an E450 sun server that is running solaris 6 . i want to disable daylight savings on my server . My question is : 1) how to know that my server is running daylight savings ? 2) how to disable it ? my zoneinfo file contains the following # @(#)init.dfl 1.2 92/11/26 # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving from unix into pc

hi, i access unix through secure shell (SSH) from my pc running on windows. Can i save files from unix directly into windows-run pc?. e.g. vi files into notepad??? thanks alot, -a (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving a vi session

Apologies if this isn't quite the right thread I have a vi session and I have set a lot of tags with 'mx'. can I save this session preserving these tags so when I go back to the session I don't have to reset them all? cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
0 Replies

5. AIX

Implement daylight saving.

Hi all We are currently using AIX 5.3, we reuquire to change the time according to the daylight saving scenario. We are using the internal clock and are not synced with ntp server. Can any one please tell me how to do that without effecting the processes running on the servers? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masquerer
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Live-cd Saving changes

Hi all, firstly apologies if this is in the wrong category. I have been making livecds (fedora based) and to change eg the background i use below in the ks file. this works fine, however when i install the livecd it loses the changes. How can i make the changes so that they stay when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewilks
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving files

Hi all, I need to save my files at c, d or any drive location via script. Requirement. Say for example i have 10 files at location /usr/bi/ci location. 10 files naming a.ksh b,ksh c.ksh and so on I want to save the files and its content at some location (any drive on local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Saving to usb

Greetings. I am trying to save a file to a usb from solaris 10. If I do rmformat, I see my usb, but can't find a location to tell things to save to or figure out how to save/view the files on the disk. Any help/thoughts/etc would be appreciated. Thanks! ~K (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
20 Replies

10. Red Hat

Saving TTY settings

I have 4 digi etherlite boards that allow Wyse and VT100 terminals to connect to our network (stop laughing) :) We are switching from an older version of redhat where we have these running to: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago) I finally got them working and copied the tty... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mp99
5 Replies
POSTFIX(1)						      General Commands Manual							POSTFIX(1)

NAME
postfix - Postfix control program SYNOPSIS
postfix [-c config_dir] [-D] [-v] command DESCRIPTION
This command is reserved for the super-user. To submit mail, use the Postfix sendmail command. The postfix command controls the operation of the Postfix mail system: start or stop the master daemon, do a health check, and other main- tenance. The postfix command sets up a standardized environment and runs the postfix-script shell script to do the actual work. The following commands are implemented: check Validate the Postfix mail system configuration. Warn about bad directory/file ownership or permissions, and create missing directo- ries. start Start the Postfix mail system. This also runs the configuration check described above. stop Stop the Postfix mail system in an orderly fashion. Running processes are allowed to terminate at their earliest convenience. Note: in order to refresh the Postfix mail system after a configuration change, do not use the start and stop commands in succes- sion. Use the reload command instead. abort Stop the Postfix mail system abruptly. Running processes are signaled to stop immediately. flush Force delivery: attempt to deliver every message in the deferred mail queue. Normally, attempts to deliver delayed mail happen at regular intervals, the interval doubling after each failed attempt. reload Re-read configuration files. Running processes terminate at their earliest convenience. The following options are implemented: -c config_dir Read the main.cf and master.cf configuration files in the named directory instead of the default configuration directory. Use this to distinguish between multiple Postfix instances on the same host. -D (with postfix start only) Run each Postfix daemon under control of a debugger as specified via the debugger_command configuration parameter. -v Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. Multiple -v options make the software increasingly verbose. ENVIRONMENT
The postfix command sets the following environment variables: MAIL_CONFIG Directory with Postfix configuration files. MAIL_VERBOSE This is set when the -v command-line option is present. MAIL_DEBUG This is set when the -D command-line option is present. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf configuration parameters are made available as process environment variables with the same names: command_directory Directory with Postfix administrative commands. daemon_directory Directory with Postfix daemon programs. config_directory Directory with Postfix configuration files and with administrative shell scripts. queue_directory The directory with Postfix queue files, with local inter-process communication endpoints, and with files needed for daemon programs that run in the optional chrooted environment. mail_owner The owner of Postfix queue files and of most Postfix processes. setgid_group The group for mail submission and queue management commands. sendmail_path The full pathname for the Postfix sendmail command. newaliases_path The full pathname for the Postfix newaliases command. mailq_path The full pathname for the Postfix mailq command. manpage_directory The directory for the Postfix on-line manual pages. sample_directory The directory for the Postfix sample configuration files. readme_directory The directory for the Postfix README files. Other configuration parameters import_environment List of names of environment parameters that can be imported from non-Postfix processes. FILES
$config_directory/postfix-script, administrative commands $config_directory/main.cf, configuration parameters $config_directory/master.cf, Postfix daemon processes SEE ALSO
master(8) Postfix master program LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA POSTFIX(1)