Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Richard Steven's book
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Richard Steven's book Post 302335417 by Neo on Sunday 19th of July 2009 05:56:04 AM
Old 07-19-2009
I don't think it matters. Personally, UNIX Network Programming was my first UNIX book, along with a shell programming reference.

However, I was on-the-job and was writing a client-server application in C, so I had little choice in the matter.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for some ebooks by Richard Stevens..

Hi, Request anyone of you guys to please forward me the Soft Copy of the following Books by Richard Stevens :- 1) UNIX Network Programming, Volume 2, Second Edition: Interprocess Communications, Prentice Hall. 2) UNIX Network Programming, Volume 1, Second Edition: Networking APIs: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Richard Stallman in Bangkok.

Richard M Stallman (RMS) will be giving the speech "Why School Should Use Open Source Software" at KIS International School, Huay-kwang Bangkok on 30th October 2009 at 19.30 Anybody who would like to come and hear his speech should go to FLossEd BK | Free & Open Source Solutions for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raattapoom
0 Replies
DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)						 1					     DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)

DOMDocument::getElementById - Searches for an element with a certain id

SYNOPSIS
public DOMElement DOMDocument::getElementById (string $elementId) DESCRIPTION
This function is similar to "DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName" but searches for an element with a given id. For this function to work, you will need either to set some ID attributes with "DOMElement::setIdAttribute" or a DTD which defines an attribute to be of type ID. In the later case, you will need to validate your document with "DOMDocument::validate" or DOMDocument::$vali- dateOnParse before using this function. PARAMETERS
o $elementId - The unique id value for an element. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DOMElement or NULL if the element is not found. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DOMDocument::getElementById() Example The following examples use book.xml which contains the following: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE books [ <!ELEMENT books (book+)> <!ELEMENT book (title, author+, xhtml:blurb?)> <!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT blurb (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT author (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST books xmlns CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST books xmlns:xhtml CDATA #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST book id ID #IMPLIED> <!ATTLIST author email CDATA #IMPLIED> ]> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?> <books xmlns="http://books.php/" xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <book id="php-basics"> <title>PHP Basics</title> <author email="jim.smith@basics.php">Jim Smith</author> <author email="jane.smith@basics.php">Jane Smith</author> <xhtml:blurb><![CDATA[ <p><em>PHP Basics</em> provides an introduction to PHP.</p> ]]></xhtml:blurb> </book> <book id="php-advanced"> <title>PHP Advanced Programming</title> <author email="jon.doe@advanced.php">Jon Doe</author> </book> </books> <?php $doc = new DomDocument; // We need to validate our document before refering to the id $doc->validateOnParse = true; $doc->Load('book.xml'); echo "The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: " . $doc->getElementById('php-basics')->tagName . " "; ?> The above example will output: The element whose id is 'php-basics' is: book SEE ALSO
DOMDocument::getElementsByTagName. PHP Documentation Group DOMDOCUMENT.GETELEMENTBYID(3)