Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need help on NMON in AIX
Operating Systems AIX need help on NMON in AIX Post 302335399 by manoj.solaris on Sunday 19th of July 2009 01:30:41 AM
Old 07-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxmaus
Hi Manoj,

if you want to collect your data for lets say 24 hrs in 5 min intervals you could just setup a cronjob like:

Code:
03 0 * * * cd /var/mksysb_images/nmon && /usr/bin/nmon -s 300 -c 288 -f 2>/dev/null

and when you want to run nmon manually in addition, eg to check something, do it the normal way - run nmon as a plain command and once the screen opens, issue the keys of the screens you want to see.

I am running on my systems nmon Version 12e for 5300-07 and use nmon analyzer 3.39 - works perfectly fine for me.

Hope that helps,
kind regards
zxmaus
Thanks, could you send me the downloadable link for 3.39 as i have seen on ibm site on zip file is available and after unzipping it it is showing 3.3c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

2. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon tool

Hi All, I have a p550 server with 4 proc. But when i run nmon analyzer in cpu_sum it show 5 processors cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4. Why it is showing 5 processors. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

5. AIX

nmon in aix

Hi, I want to know how to use nmon in aix? I have donwloaded nmon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to clean nmon logs on AIX

I use NMON (Nigels Monitoring) in AIX. It creates a daily nmon log with the naming conventions of: hostname_YYMMDD_0000.nmon or myserver_080902_0000.nmon What I am interested in doing is creating a script that is executed on the first of each month to clean up last months *nmon files. .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
4 Replies

7. AIX

Help with nmon utility

We have processes that run on our AIX box that sometimes run away and end up consuming 99% of the CPU. I'd like to create a script that would attempt to monitor when this happens and send an email alert with the PID and CPU %. Has anyone done such a thing? I know that you can run the nmon output to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
6 Replies

8. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

9. AIX

aix and nmon

Hi All, First of all, I am a DBA and not an AIX admin. I am new at using this NMON tool. In interactive mode, I can start nmon, push 't' to have the list of process with their statistic (ie cpu% etc.). I would like to know if there is a way to redirect that screen output into a log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nayas
1 Replies

10. AIX

ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello, How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ? I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM. Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue. (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
43 Replies
KinoSearch1::Search::SearchServer(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    KinoSearch1::Search::SearchServer(3pm)

NAME
KinoSearch1::Search::SearchServer - make a Searcher remotely accessible SYNOPSIS
my $searcher = KinoSearch1::Searcher->new( analyzer => $analyzer, invindex => '/path/to/invindex', ); my $server = KinoSearch1::Search::SearchServer->new( searchable => $searcher, port => 7890, password => $pass, ); $server->serve; DESCRIPTION
The SearchServer class, in conjunction with SearchClient, makes it possible to run a search on one machine and report results on another. By aggregating several SearchClients under a MultiSearcher, the cost of searching what might have been a prohibitively large monolithic index can be distributed across multiple nodes, each with its own, smaller index. METHODS
new Constructor. Takes hash-style parameters. o searchable - The Searcher that the SearchServer will wrap. o port - the port on localhost that the server should open and listen on. o password - a password which must be supplied by clients. serve Open a listening socket on localhost and wait for SearchClients to connect. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006-2010 Marvin Humphrey LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, BUGS, etc. See KinoSearch1 version 1.00. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 KinoSearch1::Search::SearchServer(3pm)