Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need help on NMON in AIX
Operating Systems AIX need help on NMON in AIX Post 302335337 by manoj.solaris on Saturday 18th of July 2009 02:22:26 PM
Old 07-18-2009
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxmaus
please explain what you are trying to do at all ?

a valid once off nmon command would be
Code:
nmon -s 60 -c 3 -f

where -s is the interval between runs and -c the number of times you want to run it. I assume you have interrupted your run before it had been finished so your data is corrupted ?

Kind regards
zxmaus
Thanks for your quick response, basically my requirement is to collect the NMON data for one day or 2 day,

so i have run the command ./nmon so that i can terminate in between if I want.

please let me know the version which i am using is correct or any other version i have to use

also let me know i have terminated the ./nmon process after 15 mins this time interval is sufficient?

Wheather i have to copy the file before terminating?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

2. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

3. AIX

Nmon

HI Im new on this world. Im working with nmon and I understand that this tool generates a files that later with excel I can see the graphcial of my server. The problem is that this process is execute manualy and I need to meake automatic. How can I do That. Sorry for my english!! :o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegtoro
3 Replies

4. AIX

Nmon tool

Hi All, I have a p550 server with 4 proc. But when i run nmon analyzer in cpu_sum it show 5 processors cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpu4. Why it is showing 5 processors. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
6 Replies

5. AIX

nmon in aix

Hi, I want to know how to use nmon in aix? I have donwloaded nmon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to clean nmon logs on AIX

I use NMON (Nigels Monitoring) in AIX. It creates a daily nmon log with the naming conventions of: hostname_YYMMDD_0000.nmon or myserver_080902_0000.nmon What I am interested in doing is creating a script that is executed on the first of each month to clean up last months *nmon files. .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
4 Replies

7. AIX

Help with nmon utility

We have processes that run on our AIX box that sometimes run away and end up consuming 99% of the CPU. I'd like to create a script that would attempt to monitor when this happens and send an email alert with the PID and CPU %. Has anyone done such a thing? I know that you can run the nmon output to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
6 Replies

8. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

9. AIX

aix and nmon

Hi All, First of all, I am a DBA and not an AIX admin. I am new at using this NMON tool. In interactive mode, I can start nmon, push 't' to have the list of process with their statistic (ie cpu% etc.). I would like to know if there is a way to redirect that screen output into a log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nayas
1 Replies

10. AIX

ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello, How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ? I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM. Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue. (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
43 Replies
JLEX(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JLEX(1)

NAME
jlex - lexical analyser generator for Java(tm) SYNOPSIS
jlex specfile DESCRIPTION
JLex takes the language specification in specfile and generates Java(tm) source code for a lexical analyser corresponding to the specifica- tion. The lexical analyzer source code is placed in a file whose name is the name of the JLex specification file, with the string ".java" added to the end. For example, if the JLex specification file is called foo.lex, the lexical analyzer source code file that JLex produces will be called foo.lex.java.) The resulting lexical analyzer source code should be compiled with a Java compiler. This produces a lexical analyzer class file, which can then be used in your application. If the default settings have not been changed, the lexical analyzer class will be called Yylex and the class files will named Yylex.class and Yytoken.class. For more information, see the JLex manual in /usr/share/doc/jlex/manual.html. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/jlex/manual.html, /usr/share/doc/jlex/bugs.html, /usr/share/doc/jlex/README. DIAGNOSTICS
jlex produces diagnostic output to inform you of its progress. BUGS
See /usr/share/doc/jlex/bugs.html for information about known bugs in JLex. Please report bugs in the Debian version of JLex to the Debian bug tracking system in the first instance. Otherwise, please contact A. Appel <appel@princeton.edu>. AUTHOR
JLex was written by Elliot Joel Berk at Princeton University. It is now maintained by C. Scott Ananian. This manual page was written by Charles Briscoe-Smith <cpbs@debian.org>, modified by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>, and is hereby con- tributed to the Public Domain. Please see the file /usr/share/doc/jlex/copyright for more information. TRADEMARK ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
"Java" is a trademark or registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6 Aug 2001 JLEX(1)