Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 20th based convertor
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 20th based convertor Post 302335332 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 18th of July 2009 01:34:00 PM
Old 07-18-2009
Where is that $decimal value is getting decremented?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to C convertor

Is there one out there that supports Perl/Tk ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
5 Replies

2. Programming

Binary to Text Convertor

Hey Im starting out in C just recently and Im needing a string that converts binary to text, The only way i know of doing this without knowledge of C entirely. Is Making a sorta of library of the entire alphabet in binary for the program to select the text from it to display a sentence. If that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01doublehelix10
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

web to wap convertor

cld someone suggest a good web to wap convertor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viapillai
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script ran by job scheduler fails from the 15th to the 20th of the month

Hi, I have a script that finds the application logs from the previous day and sends it to another server via ftp. The code is something like this: yest_date=`TZ=CST+24 date "+%b %d"` logdir=/app/logs logs=app*.log tmpdir=/tmp cd $logdir for i in `ls -1 $logs` do chkstr=`ls -1l $i | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatchel
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for bash to cshell convertor

Hi ,I have seen this comverters before ,but I was searching today and I can not find them .Is anybody used them before .Any recomendations Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
5 Replies
SEM_WAIT(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       SEM_WAIT(3)

NAME
sem_wait, sem_trywait -- decrement (lock) a semaphore LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <semaphore.h> int sem_wait(sem_t *sem); int sem_trywait(sem_t *sem); DESCRIPTION
The sem_wait() function decrements (locks) the semaphore pointed to by sem, but blocks if the value of sem is zero, until the value is non- zero and the value can be decremented. The sem_trywait() function decrements (locks) the semaphore pointed to by sem only if the value is non-zero. Otherwise, the semaphore is not decremented and an error is returned. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the value 0 is returned; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sem_wait() and sem_trywait() functions will fail if: [EINVAL] The sem argument points to an invalid semaphore. Additionally, sem_wait() will fail if: [EINTR] A signal interrupted this function. Additionally, sem_trywait() will fail if: [EAGAIN] The semaphore value was zero, and thus could not be decremented. SEE ALSO
sem_getvalue(3), sem_post(3), sem_timedwait(3) STANDARDS
The sem_wait() and sem_trywait() functions conform to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 16, 2013 BSD