Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting manipulate & format the output of spool command Post 302335290 by ss_ss on Saturday 18th of July 2009 08:57:09 AM
Old 07-18-2009
Thanks a lot, it worked Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Making sense of df -k & format verify output

I'm posting the output from two disks on my Solaris machine. The first part is the output from using the format command and then using the verify option on each disk. The last part is the output from my df -k command. I'm trying to match the partition to the filesystem/mount point. I'm assuming... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate data with specific format

Hi everybody: I have a problem with how I have to manipulate the data which have specific format like this: 249. 0.30727021E+05 0.30601627E+05 0.37470780E-01 -0.44745335E+02 0.82674536E+03 248. 0.30428182E+05 0.30302787E+05 0.40564921E-01 -0.45210293E+02 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Output with AWK command

Hi - I have a file with contents as below. 12.1 a.txt 12.1 b.txt 12.1 c.txt 13.2 a.txt 13.2 d.txt 14.3 f.txt 15.4 a.txt 15.4 b.txt 15.4 z.txt I need to print the contents like this. 12.1 a.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>b.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab & var/spool/mai

Hi there, I'm using crontab to move some files every minute, but when crontab doesn't find these files it sends a message to the file "user_name" in the directory "var/spool/mail". Is it possible to "bypass" this problem? Thanks in advance, Giordano Bruno (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to command to output file format.

Dear Master. Help me to command to out put. Ex log. "<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-10"" ?><anova-test-bom> <txid>17251032659</txid> <authentication> <user>admin</user> <password>Amrduoi</password> </authentication> <destination> <msisdn>1111111</msisdn> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to manipulate date format?

Hi, I need to convert the below string in 'yyyymmdd' format. e.g., 24 June 2011 -> 20110624 Please help !! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

incrementing lines in the file & format output.

Hi All, I need read the file and out put format as below using ksh, I wrote below script its keep on repeating first line in the file. may i know the best way to get the below out put while incrementing line in the file. cat b.txt |awk '{print $0}' |while read line do aa=`cat $line |head -1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from command from variables

Hi , I have below command to that outputs from variables.. command: echo $INSTANCE $DATAB $status $TSLastBackup| awk '{printf("%-8s %-8s \t \n",$1,$2,$3,$4)}' | tee $LOGF the ouput is now: INSTANCE DATABSE BACKUP_STATUS BACKUPTIMESTAMP ------- -------- -------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: db2_usd
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format output of command?

Hi how do you change the format of the output of ls -lt -c -R $HOME | sed /^total/d From: /home/pikamon/Desktop: -rwxr-xr-x 1 pikamon pikamon 35 Sep 18 14:25 fileModified.sh -rwxr-xr-x 1 pikamon pikamon 87 Sep 18 14:25 fileModified.sh~ /home/darksky21/Downloads: -rwxrw-rw- 1 pikamon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pikamon
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If && command giving wrong output

Hi All, I am trying to run a script which will search for 2 strings(stopped,started) in a text file and echo an output depending on below condition -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.txt v ggg f -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.sh VAR9=` grep 'stopped' /tmp/trial1.txt` VAR10=` grep 'started'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)