Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Cryotography -Linux API for HMAC-SHA256 algorithm Post 302335259 by amio on Saturday 18th of July 2009 02:38:23 AM
Old 07-18-2009
Question Cryotography -Linux API for HMAC-SHA256 algorithm

Hi all,

I need to calculate MAC value using HMAC-SHA256 algorithm with a message and a key.

Is there any Linux APIs/utilities already exist for HMAC-SHA256?

Thanks,
Amio

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

algorithm

PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 21444 tomusr 213M 61M sleep 29 10 1:20:46 0.1% java/43 21249 root 93M 44M sleep 29 10 1:07:19 0.2% java/56 is there anyway i can use a command to get the total of the SIZE? 306M (Derive from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

An algorithm to be written in linux command

Hi All, I wrote the following script in R. However, i can not run it. Because the data file is so big. Therefore, i need to write it in shell script. Could you please help me? ###################################### data=as.matrix(read.table("data.txt"))... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append sha256 column to a file

Hi, My file looks like below: 1 abc@xyz.com 2 klm@klm.com There are two fields separated by tab. i want to append a third field which will be the sha256 hash of the email address field. Anyone have any solution? Note: I have already tried with while read line .... but the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mihir Ray
1 Replies

5. AIX

Disable any 96-bit HMAC Algorithms

Received a vulnerability - SSH INSECURE HMAC ALGORITHMS ENABLED. The solution was to Disable any 96-bit HMAC Algorithms. Disable any MD5-based HMAC Algorithms. Can someone please tell me how to disable in AIX 5.3? Thanks, Sudo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudo su
1 Replies

6. Solaris

BART tool on Solaris 10 - enable SHA256

Hi all, I am attempting to create a BART manifest on a Solaris 10 box; however, I need it to be hashed with SHA256. Normally, at the beginning of a "bart create" command, the version and date appear along with the type of encryption listed. When I run the command though I receive the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Derk Berk
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sha256 , copy file to new filename

Hello, i want to create a sha256 hash for a file and copy the source file under new filename as : sha256hash_sourcefilename Input : sha256sum FILE Example : sha156sum mounttest.123 Output HASH_FILE How to do this ? e.g.: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdittmar
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Face-api.js — JavaScript API for Face Recognition in the Browser with tensorflow.js

Ref: https://itnext.io/face-api-js-javascript-api-for-face-recognition-in-the-browser-with-tensorflow-js-bcc2a6c4cf07 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Programming

[Python] replicating "sha256 -C checksum_file.txt file.txt"

Hello everyone, Since my python knowledge is limimted, I've challenged myself to learn as much as possible to help me with my carrere. I'm currently trying to convert a shell script to python, just to give myself a task. There is one section of the script that I'm having issues converting and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
2 Replies
ISC-HMAC-FIXUP(8)						       BIND9							 ISC-HMAC-FIXUP(8)

NAME
isc-hmac-fixup - fixes HMAC keys generated by older versions of BIND SYNOPSIS
isc-hmac-fixup {algorithm} {secret} DESCRIPTION
Versions of BIND 9 up to and including BIND 9.6 had a bug causing HMAC-SHA* TSIG keys which were longer than the digest length of the hash algorithm (i.e., SHA1 keys longer than 160 bits, SHA256 keys longer than 256 bits, etc) to be used incorrectly, generating a message authentication code that was incompatible with other DNS implementations. This bug has been fixed in BIND 9.7. However, the fix may cause incompatibility between older and newer versions of BIND, when using long keys. isc-hmac-fixup modifies those keys to restore compatibility. To modify a key, run isc-hmac-fixup and specify the key's algorithm and secret on the command line. If the secret is longer than the digest length of the algorithm (64 bytes for SHA1 through SHA256, or 128 bytes for SHA384 and SHA512), then a new secret will be generated consisting of a hash digest of the old secret. (If the secret did not require conversion, then it will be printed without modification.) SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Secrets that have been converted by isc-hmac-fixup are shortened, but as this is how the HMAC protocol works in operation anyway, it does not affect security. RFC 2104 notes, "Keys longer than [the digest length] are acceptable but the extra length would not significantly increase the function strength." SEE ALSO
BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual, RFC 2104. AUTHOR
Internet Systems Consortium COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010, 2013 Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC") BIND9 January 5, 2010 ISC-HMAC-FIXUP(8)