Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Light-weight alternative to `df` (without SNMP) Post 302335247 by Perderabo on Friday 17th of July 2009 09:39:47 PM
Old 07-17-2009
In you write in C or perl you can call statvfs() directly. For a shell script, df is the what I would use.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Sending data from DELL OMSA SNMP and Custom SNMP MIB to same UDP port 161

Hi , Currently DELL OMSA SNMP sends data through default udp port 161.I want my custom SNMP MIB also to send data in the same udp port 161.Whether its possible.If yes where to configure .I tried starting my custom MIB in udp port 161,but it throws port already in use.Kindly guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabakar4all
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to simulate light weight process (LWP)?

Hello, We had a problem on a Solaris system (SunOS 5.10) that hit LWP limit and caused fork 11 error. Now we need to come up with a script to simulate and reproduce that scenario. What would be a simple and valid way to generate lots of Light Weight Processes? Thanks, Jay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seafan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building Light weight Distro

Don't know whether this is right category for this question. I request please consider it and advice correct cotegory if required. Here goes my question. I want to build a distribution using debian/ubuntu. Currently i'm refering LinuxFromScratch.org, which is asking me a space for around 10gb. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to transfer all kernel logs (var/log/messages) to the snmp listener as snmp trap

i am working with embedded system -Dell DCS management sub system. my question is as below: currently we are using linux kernel 2.6.30 build and we have a kernel logs stored to the /var/log/messages path. now we have to transfer all this logs to the specified SNMP target as a part of SNMP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipul_prajapati
4 Replies
Statvfs(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Statvfs(3pm)

NAME
Filesys::Statvfs - Perl extension for statvfs() and fstatvfs() SYNOPSIS
use Filesys::Statvfs; my($bsize, $frsize, $blocks, $bfree, $bavail, $files, $ffree, $favail, $flag, $namemax) = statvfs("/tmp"); #### Pass an open filehandle. Verify that fileno() returns a defined #### value. If you pass undef to fstatvfs you will get unexpected results my $fd = fileno(FILE_HANDLE); if(defined($fd)) { ($bsize, $frsize, $blocks, $bfree, $bavail, $files, $ffree, $favail, $flag, $namemax) = fstatvfs($fd); } DESCRIPTION
Interface for statvfs() and fstatvfs() Unless you need access to the bsize, flag, and namemax values, you should probably look at using Filesys::DfPortable or Filesys::Df instead. They will generally provide you with more functionality and portability. The module should work with all flavors of Unix that implement the "statvfs()" and "fstatvfs()" calls. This would include Linux, *BSD, HP- UX, AIX, Solaris, Mac OS X, Irix, Cygwin, etc ... The "statvfs()" and "fstatvfs()" functions will return a list of values, or will return "undef" and set $! if there was an error. The values returned are described in the statvfs/fstatvfs header or the "statvfs()/fstatvfs()" man page. The module assumes that if you have "statvfs()", "fstatvfs()" will also be available. AUTHOR
Ian Guthrie IGuthrie@aol.com Copyright (c) 2006 Ian Guthrie. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
statvfs(2), fstatvfs(2), Filesys::DfPortable, Filesys::Df perl v5.14.2 2006-06-25 Statvfs(3pm)