Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Syncing AD password with Samba Post 302335218 by seg on Friday 17th of July 2009 04:19:48 PM
Old 07-17-2009
Looking over the samba docs ( http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch04.html ) I believe what you need is "Samba as a Domain Member Server" so that Samba will pass off auth details to the domain controller instead of managing its own list of accounts.

My experience with AD and Samba is very limited so I might be way off course; I posted what seemed to make sense to me and is a best guess.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

samba questions (password conversion to blowfish and is it wise to sync the useraccou

i stumbled upon something that gave some nice instructions on how to convert FreeBSD passwords from md5 to blowfish. it was simple and straight forward and it worked. i'm running samba on the machine. now i know the tutorial i was following had something where a user's samba and machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

filesystem syncing

Does anyone know if there is free software that can keep 2 filesystem on remote machines , synced. This will be part of our Disaster Recovery to keep one machine off site , which will take over should the need arise.. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
6 Replies

3. Linux

NTPD seems to be not syncing !!!

Hi Linux Admin Guys My onsite server is always 15 min slow and seems like NTPD (Network Time Protocol (NTP) daemon) not running properly. can anyone suggest me how to rectify this problem? we can't seem to get NTP to properly sync the clock. Any help is resolving the issue will be helpful.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
12 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID syncing 2 partitions

Hi all, I tried setting up RAID between 2 partitions and it was success. If I write some things on /dev/md0, both partition got affected. Then I stop the RAID, and I mounted one of my partition and I created a file in it. Now I started the RAID (mdadm --assemble --scan) What I expected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
1 Replies

5. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Samba with password server

Hi guys, I have also here a Sol-10 with samba configured all is working out but just want to know if i set a password server pointing to a windows domain with Active Directory... do i still have to create a samba user on my Sol-10 or all username/pass authentication will be done on the windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup Samba Server to always ask user and password

How do I setup a Samba server to always ask to user and password, when a windows user, prints your files using a shared printer through a Samba Linux Server (CUPS)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viga
0 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
REGTREE(1)						    System Administration tools 						REGTREE(1)

NAME
regtree - Text-mode registry viewer SYNOPSIS
regtree [--help] [--backend=BACKEND] [--fullpath] [--no-values] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [location] DESCRIPTION
The regtree utility prints out all the contents of a Windows registry file. Subkeys are printed with one level more indentation than their parents. OPTIONS
--help Show list of available options. --backend BACKEND Name of backend to load. Possible values are: creg, regf, dir and rpc. The default is dir. --credentials=CREDENTIALS Credentials to use, if any. Password should be separated from user name by a percent sign. --fullpath Print the full path to each key instead of only its name. --no-values Don't print values, just keys. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
gregedit, regshell, regdiff, regpatch, samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. This manpage and regtree were written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 REGTREE(1)