Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? If possible, would you consider buying OS X for a non Mac computer? Post 302335190 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of July 2009 02:26:51 PM
Old 07-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilversleevesX
...I voted perhaps. It's all in how they deliver it to the PC world.
They already run on PC's. Just Apple-branded PC's with slightly odd firmware and an enormous markup.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer

Hi (Help, Help, Help) I am on a computer course and have designed a web site as one of my assignments. just before Xmas my college tutor "very kindly" viewed my site with a mac, safari browser and unix operating system computer. This is what she Emailed back to me, and I am trying to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My code worked on a Mac, now it does not work in another computer

I guess Mac has default bash. Then I copy my code to another comp and run it...And it gives me an error like "bad substitution".... How I can change my code??? Never had before this kind of situation. Help please. if then n=$(sort /Users/Natalie/lastserial | tail -1) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
6 Replies
IPWCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 IPWCTL(8)

NAME
ipwctl -- configure Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 network adapter SYNOPSIS
ipwctl [-i] iface ipwctl [-i] iface -r DESCRIPTION
The ipwctl utility controls the operation of Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 networking devices via ipw(4) driver. You should not use this program to configure IEEE 802.11 parameters. Use ifconfig(8) instead. OPTIONS
The options are as follows: -i iface Display adapter's internal statistics. -i iface -r Display the radio switch state (on or off). FILES
The firmware, loaded automatically, is not shipped with NetBSD; install the pkgsrc/sysutils/ipw-firmware package. The original archive is available from Intel at: http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/firmware.php?fid=3. ipw2100-1.2.fw BSS mode (connection to an access point) firmware ipw2100-1.2-i.fw IBSS mode (point-to-point connection) firmware ipw2100-1.2-p.fw Monitor mode firmware SEE ALSO
ipw(4), ifconfig(8), pkgsrc/sysutils/ipw-firmware AUTHORS
The ipwctl utility and this man page were written by Damien Bergamini <damien.bergamini@free.fr>. BSD
April 17, 2006 BSD