Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how can i get open office package for Redhat Linux 5.0 Post 302335164 by sixstrings on Friday 17th of July 2009 11:56:45 AM
Old 07-17-2009
Open office ships with RHEL 5. If you mean the really old Red Hat 5.0, then no. I don't see how you could even compile that from source as most of the needed libraries would not be there.

If it is RHEL 5, take a look on your install media.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.ttf font installation in open office

How can we install new .ttf (Arial,Times new roman etc,) font in linux open office.org? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating report in Excel(Open office) using shell scripting

Hello All, I need to execute around 15 queries after which all data should come in Excel format. Executing 15 queries is not a problem. Problem is how to present/put data in excel. kindly suggest me how to start, what to study or what should i do. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubham8787
1 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Error when trying to start open office

Hi all I am receivng following error while running openoffice on linux system Please suggest and linux comman which can remove this error: (I) x.org loaded video driver of... (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp (III) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Open office recommendation

NEED recommendation and assistance on getting open office source installation on redhat 6 linux . I want an open office on redhat 6 linux server . Dont have root access Can someone guide me ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Star/Libre/Open/???-Office for Solaris 11.2 ?

It's been a few years since this topic was last asked and answered.. curious whether anyone knows if the landscape has improved? looking for a more modern release of OpenOffice / LibreOffice / etc than the OOo-3.3 version mentioned in earlier posts from 2012. Would prefer not to compile from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yeaboem
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat check when package was updated

Is there a way to check when a package was updated on your redhat system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for re-installation of open office

Below is the script for open office automatic re-installation, there are different versions on different servers the below script will check the version of the openoffice and will reinstall the same version(downloading for httpd server) the below code looks lengthy can we make it short ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why inactive slave bonding received network package in redhat?

bond0 active in eth0 and inactive in eth4. why eth4 received network package? Bonding Mode: fault-tolerance (active-backup) Primary Slave: eth0 (primary_reselect failure) Currently Active Slave: eth0 MII Status: up MII Polling Interval (ms): 100 Up Delay (ms): 0 Down Delay (ms): 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samran35
4 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							  Red Hat Network						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - check for queued actions on RHN and execute them SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rhn_check [-v] [--verbose] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to the Red Hat Network backend servers and retrieves information associated with the queued actions for this particular system. This script reads the digital server ID from /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid and uses that to identify the machine to the Red Hat Network. Upon successfull authentication, rhn_check will start processing the queued actions sequentially. ACTION TYPES
The following types of actions are currently processed by rhn_check: action type description () () refresh This action will refresh the hardware or software profiles of this machine with Red Hat Network. This fucntion is called as refresh(hardware) or refresh(rpmlist) new_systemid This action is used by the RHn Backend to update the Digital system ID of this machine with a new one. update_packages This action will trigger rhn_check into running a package update for a list of packages queued from the Red Hat Network. rhn_check will use modules from the up2date client to download the packages, solve dependencies and install the on the system. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto Red Hat Network. This file does not exist otherwise. /var/spool/up2date This directory is used by up2date to store package headers and RPM packages downloaded from Red Hat Network SEE ALSO
man pages for up2date(8) and rhnsd(8). AUTHORS
Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com> Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> ()